Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 152610 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS 10.15.7 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #570 on: January 22, 2020, 05:13:03 pm »
Hahaha. I have no idea what happened. I couldn't find anything wrong so I posted my request for help. But I see now that is working. I didn't change anything so I'm guessing it was some kind of cache issue. Not sure. But thank you for looking!
Blick

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
« Reply #571 on: November 07, 2020, 09:03:07 pm »
Hi all,

I have a weird problem with the Steel Gauges. Everything worked fine for years, but all off a sudden the air pressure gauge (and the pressure gauge alone!) gave up on me. Rather than showing the correct value from the realtimeWC.txt file, it is stuck at the minimum 950hPa value and showing a red dial (storm!  ::)).

I (re)installed the latest version of the scripts, but results are the same.

WC is uploading the data, and all other dials are showing the correct values.

Gauges are here: https://www.weerenmeer.nl/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm
Datafile is here: https://www.weerenmeer.nl/realtimegaugesWC.txt

I'm not sure when exactly it went rogue, but I don't see how the latest WC update to 3.1 could have anything to do with it.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Jos

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS 10.15.7 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #572 on: November 07, 2020, 09:19:55 pm »
Your data file looks good to me. I'm running WC 3.1.1 Build 26, but nothing changed for SteelSeries there. I see you are running 3.7.5 of the gauges whilst I'm running 3.7.3. I assume when you upgraded your SS version you did not introduce any rogue typo for that gauge. Looks like we'll have to wait for Mark Crossley to chime in here. Sorry.
Blick

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #573 on: November 08, 2020, 09:07:40 am »
WeatherCat 3.1.0 and later honour the system grouping character specifier as set in the System Preferences->Language & Region->Advanced settings - the tags will pick this up. You'll need to add the DOTSEPARATORS$ tag to your source file (which will turn off all localised formatting for tags for the duration of the file) or turn off the system group separator character in the System Preferences->Language & Region preferences.

From the 3.1.0 release notes:
'The DOTSEPARATORS$ custom web tag now also switches off any grouping separators that may be enabled in the Advanced pane of the Language & Region System preferences. If you have a custom web template file that is designed for machine processing, you should add this tag at the top of the file to turn off localisation of decimal separators and any group separators for that file. The decimal separator will always be '.' with this tag present in the file.'

Cheers,
Stu.

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
« Reply #574 on: November 08, 2020, 09:41:39 am »
Fixed!

Thanks a lot Stu.  ThU32:-)

Note to self: "read release notes"

Jos

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #575 on: November 08, 2020, 03:47:03 pm »
HA! Next thing ya kno, he'll be telling us to "READ THE MANUAL!!!" [rolleyes2] lol(1) [cheer]