Author Topic: Fixing scales on graphs (Pool temperature sensor)  (Read 1597 times)

PrivatePilot

• Gentle Breeze
    • IONTARIO404
  • Station Details: WMR200 with pool sensor.
Fixing scales on graphs (Pool temperature sensor)
« on: August 07, 2013, 07:47:18 PM »
OK, I'm POSITIVE this has been asked before, but a few searches just turned up unrelated questions, so I've probably just missed it.

I have a custom graph that shows only my remote pool temperature sensor with the outside temperature graphed over it.   Of course, the pool temp varies very little on a daily basis, therefore I would like to be able to fix the scale so that it only shows the temperature within a 10 degree celsius (or so) range.   I don't care that much if the outside temperature drops outside this range, it can truncate it, or worst case, I could remove the overlaid outside temp completely.

Basically, I want a graph that displays my pool temp, but instead of WeatherCats current 10c to 30c (WAAAY too wide) range, perhaps 25 to 35c instead.    This would result in a much more useful display as the graph would visually show small changes much better.

I've dug around in every setting I can find...but can't seem to hunt up an option to accomplish this.

Thanks for any assistance!
Mark

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Fixing scales on graphs (Pool temperature sensor)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 07:58:09 PM »
There's no way to do it at the moment - if multiple temperature channels are graphed, they'll all be scaled to the channel with the greatest range. I'll add a feature request to allow a given channel to determine the scaling - thanks for the suggestion  [tup]

PrivatePilot

• Gentle Breeze
    • IONTARIO404
  • Station Details: WMR200 with pool sensor.
Re: Fixing scales on graphs (Pool temperature sensor)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »
Thanks, I very much look forward to the addition.    Oddly enough I'm not sure why it's scaled as it is, since even with the outside temperature overlayed on top of the pool temperature, the outside temp has only hit a low of 17 with a high of 26 (and the pool 28.1 and 27.5 respectively), yet the graph scale is currently at a low of 10, high 30.