Author Topic: Hi, Dennis from Arkansas  (Read 3049 times)

ddavis1086

• Calm
    • EW3152
    • KARSPRIN14
  • Station Details: WS-2080
Hi, Dennis from Arkansas
« on: July 17, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »
Hello all.

I received a WS-2080 weather station for my birthday and have it installed. So far I am having fun with it watching the weather.
I know it's not the top of the line but will work for me as this is just a fun thing to do. I like being able
to see what the temp is at home from the internet.

We live in Springdale, Arkansas.
My wife thinks I'm crazy as she just looks out the window to see if it is sunny, raining, or windy  [lol2]

I think the Weather Cat software is really nice and works well for me.

Dennis

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum. (Re: Hi, Dennis from Arkansas)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 10:01:03 PM »
Hello Dennis and welcome to the WeatherCat forum!!

I received a WS-2080 weather station for my birthday and have it installed. So far I am having fun with it watching the weather.
I know it's not the top of the line but will work for me as this is just a fun thing to do. I like being able
to see what the temp is at home from the internet.

We live in Springdale, Arkansas.
My wife thinks I'm crazy as she just looks out the window to see if it is sunny, raining, or windy  [lol2]

I think the Weather Cat software is really nice and works well for me.

Congratulations on the new station and definitely enjoy using WeatherCat.  Your wife's point of view is perfectly understandable but she too will learn.  I got started in all this weather station business for one simple reason: I just wanted to know how much it was raining without having to go outside and get wet to check the old-fashioned gauge.

Now I so depend on so many aspects of my station and WeatherCat that I don't know how I would live without it.  Just have the daily evapotranspiration numbers is really helpful in decided exactly how much to water.

Having a weather station is like a whole new view on weather and you'll never want to go back!

Enjoy!  [sun2]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Hi, Dennis from Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »
Hi Dennis, and welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

One question: How can anyone named Davis *not* have purchased a Davis Instruments weather station!? :o

Just kidding, and welcome aboard.
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

ddavis1086

• Calm
    • EW3152
    • KARSPRIN14
  • Station Details: WS-2080
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »
Thanks.

Funny, I think that "Davis" company has a lot more $$ than I have.

[bounce]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.5
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 10:41:04 AM »
Welcome in this forum, enjoy your Station and WeatherCat!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Will Woodgate

• Calm
    • IDEVONPL7
    • PL4 Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless, MacBook Air, Mountain Lion 10.8
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »
I know it's not the top of the line but will work for me as this is just a fun thing to do. I like being able to see what the temp is at home from the internet.

Hi Dennis,

No worries - we all have to start somewhere! My first electronic weather station could only read-out the temperature, humidity and pressure; plus it has a clock. Nothing as sophisticated as some of the station hardware available to today. The WS-2080 is quite a popular choice and from what I understand it works well with WeatherCat.

Good luck with your new hobby and I hope you get hours of enjoyment! Home weather stations provide a fascinating insight to the local climate.