Author Topic: Interesting article comparing SFTP and FTPS.  (Read 337 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Interesting article comparing SFTP and FTPS.
« on: July 15, 2024, 07:34:10 PM »
Dear WeatherCat technophiles,

There has been some confusion over the two distinct secure variants of the old FTP protocol.  WeatherCat supports FTPS but not SFTP.  Spiceworks has a nicely written article describing the differences between the two protocols:

https://www.spiceworks.com/tech/networking/articles/sftp-vs-ftps/

So if you are curious, this article should satisfy your craving . . . . .

Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6.9 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Interesting article comparing SFTP and FTPS.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 08:14:00 PM »
Thanks for posting. That was helpful to me, even though I learned more than I wanted to.  :D
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Ditto! (Re: Interesting article comparing SFTP and FTPS.)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 09:59:27 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat victims of technology saturation,

Thanks for posting. That was helpful to me, even though I learned more than I wanted to.  :D

Definitely ditto!   :o  It definitely saddens me that there is so much duplication on the Internet these days.  All we really needed was one secure file transfer protocol.  If I had to choose between SFTP and FTPS I wouldn't really know where to begin!  ???

Edouard