Author Topic: Twitter updates  (Read 720 times)

faymondo

• Gentle Breeze
Twitter updates
« on: April 29, 2023, 03:23:49 PM »
My last Twitter update was midnight last night. Is this a problem with the new version of weather cat or have Twitter done something their end ?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Having the same problem. (Re: Twitter updates)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 10:11:23 PM »
Dear faymondo and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

My last Twitter update was midnight last night. Is this a problem with the new version of weather cat or have Twitter done something their end ?

Unfortunately, my station's last twitter update was 5pm PDT.  Is anyone getting their WeatherCat installation to upload to Twitter?

If there is a problem, sadly is it most likely a change on the Twitter end.  The latest version of WeatherCat has been in beta for a long time.  If the problem was in that code it would have showed up much sooner.

It could simply be some sort of outage and will starting again on its own.  If they have changed the API, unfortunately we'll have to wait for Stu to look into it.

Edouard

faymondo

• Gentle Breeze
Re: Twitter updates
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 11:07:15 PM »
Yes I was sadly thinking its a change at Twitters end and was amazed updates have lasted this long in the current climate with Twitter.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 11:30:52 PM »
Dropped my extremely minimal use of Twitter right after it was sold to Elon. I'm sure that is part of the reason he seems so angry. [rolleyes2] Seriously doubt anyone ever saw my station weather report. cmu:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

faymondo

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 09:48:34 AM »
It was actually one of my Twitter users who notified me it was down. Nearly 13,000 followers on my weather account.

Would be nice to get it back but fear it's Elon messing around with stuff and the functionality has gone forever.

meteoperugia

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW0950
    • IPERUG54
    • MeteoPerugia
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), WeatherCat 3
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 08:39:57 AM »
Hi everybody.

My last twitter update is april 28. After just error message on WC Twitter update. I've tried to delete access information on keychain and start WC again to receive new twitter login panel but WC Twitter tool dosen't redirect me to Twitter to sign in.
Waiting for service start again or in some solution from Stu........
Federico
Perugia, Italy

xairbusdriver

• Storm
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 03:50:16 PM »
One of the better replacements for Twitter is Mastodon. More info on The Guardian. I've registered at Mastodon but have no real use for "social" media other than for WC.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 04:11:13 PM »
Twitter removed access from putside sources, so WeatherCat will not be able to post Twitter. Stu said that the functionality will be removed in the next version.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook