Author Topic: Disappearing CTW  (Read 1249 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Disappearing CTW
« on: April 07, 2023, 02:58:55 AM »
Grand:

Since I was able to magically resurrect my iOS RCP app, I have twice lost one specific CTW out of the six I have stored. It just displays a totally blank screen after correctly displaying for several days. The other five windows behave normally. I have recreated the lost window from scratch but is there a way to copy it off or back it up so I don't have to start over?

Screenshot attached of the wayward window.

Thanks.
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
Re: Disappearing CTW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 05:37:54 PM »
Thanks for drawing my attention to this anomaly. I normally don't use the CTW feature (It's listed in the ... tab in the WeatherCatRCP App for those who may wonder.), but when I tried it today, it displayed two items: "This Week" and "This Month". When I tapped on either one, it displayed "No graph is available."

The anomaly was that the "This Week" and "This Month" did not appear every time I tapped "CTW". I'll see if I can find out what is happening and report back.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 05:44:18 PM »
The thick plottens:

When I select "This Week" or "This Month", WeatherCat desktop (Version 3.20, Build 364) crashes. That's why the CTW choices ("This Week" or "This Month") do not appear again.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
No problems on my installation. (Re: Disappearing CTW)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 10:34:40 PM »
Dear Blick, Grand, and WeatherCat fans of WeatherCatRCP,

When I select "This Week" or "This Month", WeatherCat desktop (Version 3.20, Build 364) crashes. That's why the CTW choices ("This Week" or "This Month") do not appear again.

I just tried loading the two Custom Text Windows you mentioned and they work just fine on my installation.  WeatherCat doesn't crash obviously either.  I tried one my "hand-rolled" Custom Text Windows and it also displayed just fine.

Could the problem be with the number or type of Custom Text Windows you have in WeatherCat?

I'll certainly be glad to do any additional testing that might be helpful.

Edouard

P.S. I am running that last stable version of WeatherCat as well: Version 3.20, Build 364.  I am also running WeatherCatRCP 1.4 (220815)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
Re: No problems on my installation. (Re: Disappearing CTW)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 05:38:03 PM »
I just tried loading the two Custom Text Windows you mentioned and they work just fine on my installation.  WeatherCat doesn't crash obviously either.  I tried one my "hand-rolled" Custom Text Windows and it also displayed just fine.

Edouard,

Thanks for confirming that CTW works for you on WeatherCatRCP. That helps. I created a new, empty CTW on WeatherCat Desktop and when I selected it on WeatherCatRCP, it crashed WeatherCat Desktop.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 08:58:25 PM »
Grand:

Your CTW experiences are baffling. This is a long shot in the dark but I wonder if you might have a corrupt WC pfile. That darn little file is a suspect in quite a few WC adventures.

https://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=How_to_create_and_use_a_backup_of_your_WeatherCat_preferences_file
Blick