Author Topic: Hello from Claremont,CA.  (Read 41 times)

Jerry

• Calm
    • FW5728
    • KCACLARE36
  • Station Details: Imac, Davis Vantage Vue
Hello from Claremont,CA.
« on: April 05, 2021, 08:17:06 pm »
I have been running a personal weather station since the early 90's. I just recently started using WeatherCat because of the support activity and ease of setup with the Davis Vantage Vue. Except for email [sweat2]. I have been an Apple user since the Apple//. 
My station is linked to WundergoundPWS,CWOP,Weathercloud and if it ever connects AWEKAS.
Thanks for the access and info so far it has been great.

Jerry

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS 10.15.7 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Hello from Claremont,CA.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 08:44:27 pm »
Welcome aboard Jerry. This is a great forum and we are glad to have you join us.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
Re: Hello from Claremont,CA.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 08:51:32 pm »
Welcome AboaRd, Jerry!

Have to agree about the Davis email "support". Snail mail is probably quicker! [lol]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hello from Claremont,CA.)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 10:30:19 pm »
Dear Jerry, Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat welcome wagon, 

By all means welcome to the WeatherCat forum Jerry! 

I have been an Apple user since the Apple//. 

You are indeed a long time Apple supporter!  I switched to Apple back 1988, buying a Mac II at a student discount at U.C. Berkeley.  Alas, at least I've been an Apple supporter for so long that today's Apple just isn't what I have once was so loyal to.

My station is linked to WundergoundPWS,CWOP,Weathercloud and if it ever connects AWEKAS.
Thanks for the access and info so far it has been great.

Hopefully your other questions have already been answered.  What version of WeatherCat are you running and what sort of problems are you seeing with AWEKAS?  The current version of WeatherCat has been upload to AWEKAS without any problems for me.

Once more welcome!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]