Author Topic: Did somebody send me this message as a PM?  (Read 136 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Did somebody send me this message as a PM?
« on: March 23, 2021, 11:19:22 pm »
Dear WeatherCat faithful,

This afternoon I got a very strange email that has an email address as the user name but was sent from webmaster@trixology.com which usually means it is a PM from this forum.  Alas, when I check here I don't have the corresponding PM the website.  Does anybody recognize this text?

Edouard, Thought about your wagon when I saw this vid! Isherwood Body & Fender Scroll ahead to about 9:30ish and take a look at some work by a Vancouver, BC body shop. It might be a bit too garish for your wagon, of course.

If so, we might need to ask Stu to double-check the forum PM setup.

Thanks, Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
Re: Did somebody send me this message as a PM?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 02:11:25 am »
I know who that was! Good thing you asked within a few hours, my memory doesn’t usually go much more than that! cmu:-)
I think I got to the PM editor simply by clicking on your name listed as the “Last posting by elagache”. I usually use the PM icon in a members profile section of a post. Sorry for the confusion, I should have realized something was different when an email address appeared instead of my WC screen name. [banghead]
 The link will take you to a safe site, I promise! [rockon] If anyone else follows that link, you’ll see why I thought of Eduardo!

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
No worries. (Re: Did somebody send me this message as a PM?)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 09:59:16 pm »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat faithful,

I know who that was! Good thing you asked within a few hours, my memory doesn’t usually go much more than that! cmu:-)
I think I got to the PM editor simply by clicking on your name listed as the “Last posting by elagache”. I usually use the PM icon in a members profile section of a post. Sorry for the confusion, I should have realized something was different when an email address appeared instead of my WC screen name. [banghead]
 The link will take you to a safe site, I promise! [rockon] If anyone else follows that link, you’ll see why I thought of Eduardo!

No worries!   :)  I thought it was you, but couldn't be sure.  I changed my profile for other reasons so this sort of confusion won't happen again.

It was a very nice looking Ford Ranchero!   :)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
Great news Edouard!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 10:25:57 pm »
Edouard! Great news! I think I've found a mechanic that might be able to help you faster than those Fancy Pants, Historical (or is hysterical?), not to mention expensive guys. You know, the ones you are maintaining a retirement portfolio (and probably a boat or two!). [blush]

This guy has a Self-Deprecating note at the beginning of his vids; I don't pay much attention to it. He probably got some advice fro some interweb lawyer!  [rolleyes2]

Right now he's working on a 1968 Buick LaSabre, 4-door, performance packaged single owner! I think you can see from his methods that he is a 'down-to-earth', user-friendly guy who wants to share his experience with car fixers! No big words, just simple, easy to remember nomenclature for us novices (present recipient excluded, of course! I'm sure you will understand everything he says about fuel-starter-uppers, sparkalators and other stuff that real cars need! [rockon] ThU5:-)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Try not to rob da' cradle! . . . . (Re: Great news Edouard!)
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 11:53:50 pm »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat automobile enthusiasts,

Right now he's working on a 1968 Buick LaSabre, 4-door, performance packaged single owner!
. . . .

[wink] . . . . Well thanks for the pointer, but really 1968?  Call me a purist, but I try to avoid those immature types - I don't rob da' cradle! . . .  lol(1)

Seriously, da' trusty wagon was at Orinda Classic Car Center last night.  She has some oil leaks and is in need of some replacement gaskets.  No worries, I ordered the needed gaskets last year and they had been waiting for such an occasion.  Just one - small - problem.  I ordered the gaskets at the beginning of this whatchamacallit Pandemic business.  Given all the craziness, I never did check to see if the gaskets were what I ordered.   Oops!!! 

Hopefully the correct gaskets are now on order!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]