Author Topic: A tree comes down in a WeatherCat webcam video.  (Read 136 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
A tree comes down in a WeatherCat webcam video.
« on: January 24, 2021, 11:28:10 pm »
Dear WeatherCat observers of our local surroundings,

As you might have noticed on some of my anemometer photos, a neighbor has some pine trees that died.  The time has come for these trees to be removed, and as luck would have it, they are in the direct line of sight for my webcam.  I spliced 2 one hour WeatherCat webcam videos and captured the work yesterday afternoon.  It is posted (unlisted) on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/WGI-y4iHIX8

Sorry for the low resolution video, but you can see enough to see the branches coming off until only a portion of the trunk was left.  That's where the work stopped yesterday. Perhaps there will be more interesting tidbits as the work resumes next week.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Pop go the branches! (Re: WeatherCat webcam video.)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 10:39:51 pm »
Dear WeatherCat observers of one's local environment,

When I posted the video that started this thread back in January, I realized that our Crepe Myrtle tree was really starting to obstruct the view of my WeatherCat webcam.  Finally, yesterday I had some time to remove some of the branches that were in the way.  Of course the WeatherCat webcam had a front row seat to the exercise as can be see in the video:

https://youtu.be/rLJtFDz-UXs

Okay, so it isn't very exciting, but what do you expect from 15 seconds of weather webcam video? . . . . .  [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS 10.15.7 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3 | Supportive Wife
Re: A tree comes down in a WeatherCat webcam video.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 11:19:00 pm »
OK, I saw the branches disappear, but what iI really wanted to see was the guy who was whacking away at them.
Blick