Author Topic: Histogram style graph  (Read 38 times)

JohnS

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro and basic integrated sensor suite, Mac Catalina
Histogram style graph
« on: January 08, 2021, 01:00:24 pm »
I'm new to Weathercat so this is a pretty basic question I'm afraid - how do I create a histogram style "graph" showing the max/average/min temperature this week as per the one on the weather cat download page (link to image is below). I can work out custom gauges and basic line graphs but I can't one controls for a composite graph with those values, or to change from the basic line graph.

Weathercat seems to be recording this information properly so I think the problem is just me not figuring out how to do it - I've checked the manual (OK not read every word, but I've looked in the sections on gauges and graphs) but can't find it there either.

For info, I'm using a Davis Vantage Pro, integrated sensor suite and running Weathercat on Mac Catalina 10.15.7

Thanks!
http://trixology.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/WeatherCat2.png

https://trixology.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/WeatherCat2.png

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
Re: Histogram style graph
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 04:58:03 pm »
Looks like a Custom Graph to me.
WC Prefs->Tools->New...
Graph Name: Anything you want!
Series 1: Ext. Temp
Style: Filled

Data, Type: Anchored Min/Max/Avgerage (Bars)
Period: Week

Other details: Try as many as you want!! [rockon]

The WC capability of Custom Graphs and Gauges is the most under-used function of the app! Play around with these tools and be amazed!! ThU5:-)

Be advised that these graphics do tame a lot of cpu work. You are limited to 15 (I think) of each type of graphic. I suggest uploading them conservatively.

JohnS

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro and basic integrated sensor suite, Mac Catalina
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 05:26:46 pm »
Thanks very much - exactly right....I hadn't understood the data type options properly. These custom features certainly make for useful displays.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 05:33:42 pm »
My bad! I didn't notice that you are a new poster/member! So:
Welcome AboaRd, JohnS!

I think you will find lots of experts here who will be most helpful in understanding this amazing software!

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Histogram style graph)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 10:10:56 pm »
Dear John, X-Air, and WeatherCat welcome wagon . . . .

X-Air has already answered your question, but let me also welcome you to the WeatherCat forum! 

If it suits your fancy, consider introducing yourself in this forum topic!

https://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=8.0

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]