Author Topic: Horizontal Resolution of Custom Graphs  (Read 57 times)

yardy

• Calm
    • EW4351
    • KMEBLUEH8
  • Station Details: iMac desktop running Big Sur, Davis Vantage wireless
Horizontal Resolution of Custom Graphs
« on: January 03, 2021, 04:38:16 pm »
Hi, First time posting so please be patient.

Upgraded to Big Sur and installed the USB driver - all went well.  However I find that the horizontal resolution of my custom graphs has changed. I collect data every 15 minutes and that is what used to be displayed. Now under Big Sur the horizontal resolution displayed is 30 minutes and I cannot find anywhere to control this. The Standard graphs all seem to have 15 minute resolution. Any suggestions on where to check or what to change ?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Re: Horizontal Resolution of Custom Graphs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:52:11 pm »
Dear yardy and WeatherCat faithful,

Hi, First time posting so please be patient.

Since this is your first posting, let me welcome you to the WeatherCat forum! 

Upgraded to Big Sur and installed the USB driver - all went well.  However I find that the horizontal resolution of my custom graphs has changed. I collect data every 15 minutes and that is what used to be displayed. Now under Big Sur the horizontal resolution displayed is 30 minutes and I cannot find anywhere to control this. The Standard graphs all seem to have 15 minute resolution. Any suggestions on where to check or what to change ?

I cannot imagine anything other than perhaps your sampling interval was changed when you upgraded to Big Sur.  The sampling interval is set on the Misc2 pane of the WeatherCat preferences.  The screen is shown on page 164 of the WeatherCat manual and the description is on page 171 of the manual.  It is a long-shot, but perhaps it isn't where you set it before.

Let us know what you discover.

Cheers, Edouard

yardy

• Calm
    • EW4351
    • KMEBLUEH8
  • Station Details: iMac desktop running Big Sur, Davis Vantage wireless
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 01:43:29 am »
Elagache, Thank you for the warm welcome.

I do not know what I did but the system has reverted to 15 minute resolutions. I did look at the preference page that sets the sampling rate. It showed as being set to 15 minutes so I did not change anything just closed the preferences. This may have saved the 15 min settings over the default. Who knows ?

Ray

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Don't argue with success! (Re: Horizontal Resolution of Custom Graphs)
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 11:03:30 pm »
Dear Ray and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I do not know what I did but the system has reverted to 15 minute resolutions. I did look at the preference page that sets the sampling rate. It showed as being set to 15 minutes so I did not change anything just closed the preferences. This may have saved the 15 min settings over the default. Who knows ?

Unfortunately, I don't know either, but as long as things are working again - stick to it!

Hopefully it will stay that way!

Once more welcome!

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS 10.15.7 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 12:37:54 am »
Welcome aboard the WC forums yardy!
Blick