Author Topic: Bannergate  (Read 585 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
Re: Bannergate
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2020, 10:59:31 pm »
I'm getting confused by the exact path you are wanting to save the Banner (should it ever be created!). I see the following in your various posts:
  • /Users/[myusername]/Applications/WeatherCatJPG/
  • /Users/MYNAME/WCWebCustom/
The actual default and recommended (please see p. 133 & 218 in The Manual) name/path is:~[user]/Library/Application Support/WeatherCatCustomWeb/

I think there is at least one other person reporting this missing Banner problem, but it might make things simpler and easier for Stu if we kept the variables to a minimum. Since you are not getting the file loaded anywhere, would it be asking too much to create the correctly named directory at the default location? [computer] jis' fer grins? [cheers1] If you could do that, I promise not to tell you to completely duplicate my entire folder hierarchy on your volumes! :-X
Even though I'm sure my way is best...
:-* cmu:-)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Apologies (Re: Bannergate)
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2020, 11:14:25 pm »
Dear ColdnFrosty, wx-watch, X-Air, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Okay my apologies.  I didn't understand your substitution of a disk name for your user name.  As a result, my hunch of what the problem was was completely off the beam.  At this point we can only wait to see what Stu discovers because there is nothing we can easily observe from the outside that might help in the diagnosis.

Oh well, . . . . . . . . Edouard

ColdnFrosty

• Strong Breeze
    • AS918
    • KNHSTRAT15
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2, iMac Pro, Big Sur 11.1, WC 3.1.2
Re: Bannergate
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2020, 12:33:35 am »
Web Pages and Custom Web Pages are saved to folders defined in the preferences. There are other generated files that are stored elsewhere in folders that you can see in the attachment below.

No point in changing folder locations in preferences that WeatherCatBanner.jpg copied to fine under Catalina, but not under Big Sur.

I'm getting confused by the exact path you are wanting to save the Banner (should it ever be created!). I see the following in your various posts:
  • /Users/[myusername]/Applications/WeatherCatJPG/
  • /Users/MYNAME/WCWebCustom/
The actual default and recommended (please see p. 133 & 218 in The Manual) name/path is:~[user]/Library/Application Support/WeatherCatCustomWeb/

I think there is at least one other person reporting this missing Banner problem, but it might make things simpler and easier for Stu if we kept the variables to a minimum. Since you are not getting the file loaded anywhere, would it be asking too much to create the correctly named directory at the default location? [computer] jis' fer grins? [cheers1] If you could do that, I promise not to tell you to completely duplicate my entire folder hierarchy on your volumes! :-X
Even though I'm sure my way is best...
:-* cmu:-)