Author Topic: Davis recurring hiccup from 11:45PM-12:45AM  (Read 126 times)

elderforester

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW0529
    • KCABELA1, KCALOSAN911
    • Fullscore
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro2, Mac Mini (2018), macOS 11.0.1 (Big Sur)
Davis recurring hiccup from 11:45PM-12:45AM
« on: November 27, 2020, 07:57:49 pm »
Hello,

Each morning when I load WeatherCat, the previous evening's report contains the hiccup of External Temp displaying a straight line between those two points. At first I thought that the temp was simply stable during that time period but now with several weeks worth of repeated and regular reporting with the same issue I am suspicious.

Can anyone offer insight? Thanks in advance.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Data loss? (Re: Davis recurring hiccup from 11:45PM-12:45AM)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 11:21:32 pm »
Dear elderforester and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Each morning when I load WeatherCat, the previous evening's report contains the hiccup of External Temp displaying a straight line between those two points. At first I thought that the temp was simply stable during that time period but now with several weeks worth of repeated and regular reporting with the same issue I am suspicious.

Can anyone offer insight? Thanks in advance.

A straight line usually means that there was no data during that period.  What does the Live Data window show with regards to sensor errors?  (4 from the bottom of the Tools pull down menu.)  Unfortunately, there can be processes at night that produce electromagnetic interference.  There might be something nearby to your location that is interfering with the radio signal going from your ISS to your console.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]