Author Topic: Web Hosting Your Site  (Read 92 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
Web Hosting Your Site
« on: November 17, 2020, 02:13:08 am »
There are probably at least a thousand companies that will be happy to host any kind of web site you might create. But some are better than others. I started with Hostgator. I recently moved to Namecheap. My opinion is that Namecheap is a better Domain Registrar than a hosting company, at least when it comes to supporting WeatherCat!

I am now enjoying hosting at CrocWeb. I can't praise their skills, patience, perseverance enough! If you want a host that will willingly help you no matter what kind of stupid things you may have done or ask for, CrocWeb is the one to go to!!

They even have a sense of humor! I even asked them if they were in any way related to Hostgator since they have similar logo animals. They said they not related and that their animal is a Crocodile while that other company uses an Alligator! cmu:-)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for the recommendation. (Re: Web Hosting Your Site)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 10:45:46 pm »
Dear X-Air and WeatherCat web spinners,

. . . .
I am now enjoying hosting at CrocWeb. I can't praise their skills, patience, perseverance enough! If you want a host that will willingly help you no matter what kind of stupid things you may have done or ask for, CrocWeb is the one to go to!!
. . . . .

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Good technical support is really hard to come by, so your experience may be exactly what another WeatherCatter is looking for.

They even have a sense of humor! I even asked them if they were in any way related to Hostgator since they have similar logo animals. They said they not related and that their animal is a Crocodile while that other company uses an Alligator! cmu:-)

[wink] . . . . . Well, I'll take their word for it.  As far as I'm concerned, I hope never to get close enough to such a creature as to be able to tell the difference! . . . . .  lol(1)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]