Author Topic: Steve from SE Louisiana  (Read 307 times)

StevenStilts

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Steve from SE Louisiana
« on: October 19, 2020, 08:17:47 pm »
Hello; I'm Steve and I live in Thibodaux, LA. I'm a presently out of work, or retired maybe, helicopter pilot. I've always wanted a weather station, so I bought the Davis Cabled system with the Vantage Pro 2 console. I'm still learning and trying to get Weather Cat to work on my mac. I'll post my questions shortly.

Thanks; Steve

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.5
Re: Steve from SE Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 08:41:03 pm »
First of all, Welcome AboaRd, Steve!

Hope you are recovering quickly from this years terrible hurricane "attacks" on the Gulf Coast! Is "Stilts" actually your last name or is that what your house is built on!? ;)

Stay SAFE! On the other hand you say you fly helicopters... [rolleyes2]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum! (Re: Steve from SE Louisiana)
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 10:35:38 pm »
Dear Steve, X-Air, and WeatherCat welcome wagon . . .

By all means, welcome Steve to the WeatherCat forum!

Hello; I'm Steve and I live in Thibodaux, LA. I'm a presently out of work, or retired maybe, helicopter pilot.
. .  . . .

;) . . . .  Be very cautious about that retirement stuff.  If you aren't careful you might end up being so busy that you'll wish you went back to work! . . . .  lol(1)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

BikerGeek

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW7830
    • KAZGLEND235
    • HDBitchin, a unique Harley Davidson Forum
  • Station Details: Netatmo WS with a Smart Anemometer & Smart Rain Gauge | MacBook Air (Late 2010) running macOS 10.13.6 (dedicated laptop for WeatherCat) | WeatherCat for AppleTV
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 03:02:06 am »
Welcome Steve! Congratulations on the “sudden” retirement, I hope it works out for the best.

I just got forced into retirement due to the Aviation industry downturn so I sympathize with the sudden retirement. I worked 41 years as an Avionics Engineer and got a call that my was position was eliminated this past July.

I am also new with weather stations and with WeatherCat. In my opinion you found a really great software for your Mac with WeatherCat and the forum members here are very helpful and should get you up and running very soon.

Once again welcome!

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS 10.15.7 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 04:32:16 am »
Welcome aboard Steve. Glad to have you.
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2017 27" iMac 3.8 GHz i5, 40GB RAM, Mac OS 10.15, WeatherCat 3
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 03:54:33 pm »
 Hi Steve, cool name! Welcome to the WeatherCat forum.

I've been retired ten years now. Don't listen to these guys; I've never once wished that I was back working again.  ThU5:-)
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS - Skywarn -  UK Met Office
MWWN - PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook