Author Topic: Hello from Glendale AZ  (Read 3111 times)

BikerGeek

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW7830
    • KAZGLEND235
    • HDBitchin, a unique Harley Davidson Forum
  • Station Details: Netatmo WS with a Smart Anemometer & Smart Rain Gauge | MacBook Air (Late 2010) running macOS 10.13.6 (dedicated laptop for WeatherCat) | WeatherCat for AppleTV
Hello from Glendale AZ
« on: June 27, 2020, 07:32:55 AM »
Old biker here that runs a Harley Davidson forum that uses this same Simple Machines forum software, hence the name BikerGeek. My HD forum is linked is in my profile if that stuff is of interest to you.

As far as weather, being a rider I have always watched the weather for what it might bring me as a rider. In the Glendale AZ area that is mostly hot and dry weather and the occasional rides that one must pay attention because the winds will carry you off to Kansas so hang on!

Just did a couple day test of WeatherCat and gladly paid the price. Impressive! I don't need the full amount of test days to see that this is a quality piece of code. The forum looks pretty well organized. For now searching the forum or some more reading of PDF manual will keep me busy.

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Hello from Glendale AZ
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 12:20:05 PM »
Welcome to WeatherCat Forum
May your rides be as good as the weather [sun2]

cheers [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 03:25:13 PM »
Welcome to WeatherCat BikerGeek. It's the best weather software available for macOS. Glad to have an additional Netatmo user on the forum.

I was in Glendale three years ago in late July. It was hot!
 [sun2]

Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 05:31:41 PM »
Welcome Aboard, BikerGeek! ;D I see you've already found Edouard, our own "road geek"! [tup]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome and portable weather devices? (Re: Hello from Glendale AZ)
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 10:18:23 PM »
Dear BikerGeek, Randall, Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat fans of road trips.

By all means!  Welcome BikerGeek to the WeatherCat forum!

. . . . .
As far as weather, being a rider I have always watched the weather for what it might bring me as a rider.
. . . .

Well understood of course!  I'm curious, do you carry any portable weather devices so you can check on the conditions while on a ride?  One of our members has a Kestrel portable weather meter:

https://kestrelmeters.com/collections/all-kestrel-meters

I'm unfortunately pinned down and unable to make road trips at the moment, but this is something I would probably buy if I could.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

BikerGeek

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW7830
    • KAZGLEND235
    • HDBitchin, a unique Harley Davidson Forum
  • Station Details: Netatmo WS with a Smart Anemometer & Smart Rain Gauge | MacBook Air (Late 2010) running macOS 10.13.6 (dedicated laptop for WeatherCat) | WeatherCat for AppleTV
Re: Welcome and portable weather devices? (Re: Hello from Glendale AZ)
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:37:04 PM »
Dear BikerGeek, Randall, Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat fans of road trips.

By all means!  Welcome BikerGeek to the WeatherCat forum!

. . . . .
As far as weather, being a rider I have always watched the weather for what it might bring me as a rider.
. . . .

Well understood of course!  I'm curious, do you carry any portable weather devices so you can check on the conditions while on a ride?  One of our members has a Kestrel portable weather meter:

https://kestrelmeters.com/collections/all-kestrel-meters

I'm unfortunately pinned down and unable to make road trips at the moment, but this is something I would probably buy if I could.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]
Thanks Randall75, Blicj11, xairbusdriver and elagache for the welcomes! Nice to be a part of what you have here.

@elagache... As for the personal the weather meter... No, nothing like that but one of those might be a nice thing to have. I do like gadgets!!