Author Topic: New Trojan Attacks Catalina  (Read 79 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.4
New Trojan Attacks Catalina
« on: June 18, 2020, 10:50:56 pm »
Although I'yet to update to Catalina macOS 10.15, there is a new Trojan out that seems aimed at it. Not sure why it would not affect other OS versions, however. It is yet another attempt to use the notorious Flash app to continue its abuse of computer uesers.
Just another reason to stop using Google, also. The more we use other search engines (DuckDuckGo, etc.), the sooner they become even better.
Anyone know of a site that still requires Flush?

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • Here are tornado sirens, lets go outside look
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars,Soil Moisture, Extra sensors
Re: New Trojan Attacks Catalina
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 02:27:25 pm »
That is why it is good to have an onboard internet security system, update the MacOSX  when they send out new security things. It is good to use VPN, It is good not to "camp out" when you leave your computer.  That is stay on a browser even though you went away.  It is good to delete your browser history more often than you do. It is good to complete exit out of apps, sites, bank accounts both on your phone and double click everything running inthe background when you are not using.

That is why it is good to use passwords that are different and never store your banking password in the clever "remember password"  thing in your browser.

Yes, we have entered the era that Apple computers, operating systems can be hacked, trojaned and all that.  OH and watch where you go with you seeking things. avoid unsafe place and wear your protection.

ME?   I have Norton 360 for now and lucky.   OH  and stop sharing stuff if you can.      So far I am blessed, 2 seconds from now , well

OH andit just isn't Catalina  being attacked it is any time you use the internet, 
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2); Soil Moisture/Temp Station;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Mojave; Webcam;https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/1c484adbfa914d1aa10a58ad53ccd563/summary