Author Topic: Inputting Proper IP Address for Davis IP Module?  (Read 3850 times)

AltaWeather

• Calm
  • Station Details: I am currently using a Davis VantageVu Weather station, with WeatherCat being hte primary data manipulation tool. I am soon upgrading to a Vantage Pro 2 weather station, due to the higher snowfall in this new location for me.
Inputting Proper IP Address for Davis IP Module?
« on: February 19, 2020, 11:33:30 PM »
So I am using a static IP Address in the Configuration for my Davis IP Module, for a few reasons.  However, when I go to the Settings screen in WC RCP application, I see that the server at the top of the list has an IP Address off the proper URL for my Davis IP Module, by about 4 on the Least Significant number group.  It does work, but I am wondering whether the proper IP Address in the URL for my server might work a little better?  I don't see how to change my IP Address in the URL, and I'd appreciate a little help, please?

AW.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
Re: Inputting Proper IP Address for Davis IP Module?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:51:16 PM »
WCRCP and the Davis IP Module are clients on your router's local network. They must have different IP addresses to work properly. It doesn't matter if you let the router assign the IP address ("dynamic address") or you assign it yourself ("static address"), the two clients must have different IP addresses.

Stick with the "Local" selection in WCRCP. It's your best bet.