Author Topic: Data download IP logger in a loop  (Read 203 times)

hanspost

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Data download IP logger in a loop
« on: February 15, 2020, 01:04:04 pm »
Hello,
I am using the Davis IP-logger on my Vantage Pro 2, but when I try to download the data from the logger with WeatherVat it loops. Sometimes after a few packages and sometimes after 71 packages. After a few seconds it starts al over. I can't figure out what is wrong.
I've update the IP-logger to the newest firmware and also updated the Vantage Pro.
Interval changed tot 10 minutes but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Contact Davis technical support? (Re: Data download IP logger in a loop)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 10:40:45 pm »
Dear hanspost and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I am using the Davis IP-logger on my Vantage Pro 2, but when I try to download the data from the logger with WeatherVat it loops. Sometimes after a few packages and sometimes after 71 packages. After a few seconds it starts al over. I can't figure out what is wrong.
I've update the IP-logger to the newest firmware and also updated the Vantage Pro.
Interval changed tot 10 minutes but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

I assume your problems started after you updated the firmware on your data logger and console.  If so than the most likely cause in some change in the firmware.  I suggest that you contact Davis directly and see if they can help you.  Here is the webpage with their support and contact information:

https://support.davisinstruments.com/

At the top is their technical support phone number and access to their life-chat feature. 

Let us know what you discover.

Cheers, Edouard

hanspost

• Gentle Breeze
Re: Data download IP logger in a loop
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 10:07:15 am »
Unfortunately, I have updated the firmware after the problems began. I thought and hoped it was the solution. Maybe some extra information: until a few days ago I used the USB Data Logger without any problems. I had bought a second Davis console and it came with an extra IP-logger. So I've replaced the USB datalogger for the IP Logger and it seemed to work fine. But that was because I had a few records to download. A day later I had 512 records and it was a problem. It just stops after 50 - 70 downloaded records and it starts all over again. So I've update the IP-logger and the Davis console to the latest firmware but it doesn't help. Offcourse I can change back to the USB logger but I don't want that.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Under warranty? (Re: Data download IP logger in a loop)
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 11:30:22 pm »
Dear hanspost and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

. . . . Maybe some extra information: until a few days ago I used the USB Data Logger without any problems. I had bought a second Davis console and it came with an extra IP-logger. So I've replaced the USB datalogger for the IP Logger and it seemed to work fine. But that was because I had a few records to download. A day later I had 512 records and it was a problem.
. . . .

Did you buy that console new or used?  That IP data logger might still be under warranty.  I certainly encourage you contact Davis directly.  The problem is clearly in the device itself.  Only Davis can really tell you what to do.

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Mojave | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 07:27:40 am »
I agree with Edouard; only Davis can address this. I do know they had 2 versions of the IP data logger, depending on the date of manufacture.
Blick

hanspost

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 09:39:39 am »
I have bought a used IP logger. It came with the Vantage Console. It is strange that uploading to my own website is fine. Only in combination with WeatherCat it doesn't seem to work.
I will put the question to Davis, but I think they do not support the combination with Weathercat...

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.9
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 02:22:53 pm »
I assume you have followed the installation process as described here: https://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=How_to_setup_the_Davis_WeatherLinkIP%E2%84%A2_data_logger ?

Maybe worth double-checking that both the IP logger and the computer running WC, both have a unique IP-address (and correct subnet mask). Duplicate IP-addresses on a network can result in funny behaviour, such as intermittent connectivity.

Jos