Author Topic: Record window graphs position  (Read 1333 times)

JohnDoe1983

• Gentle Breeze
    • iquebecq10
  • Station Details: Vantage Vue, WMW200A, WMR86A
Record window graphs position
« on: February 13, 2020, 10:07:44 PM »
Hi !

I recorded windows graph position, there are 5 positions available.

I choose all of them as a safety precaution. 
Upon opening WXcat, my round gauges have moved all over the place.  I go to windows and choose to restore position 1 or 2 or 3, nothing happen.

I was thinking that saving positions will come back by restoring them. Is it because I use french for the software ? What am I doing wrong please?

Sorry for my english I usually speak french.
Thanks a lot.

John.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Only works with simple graphs. (Re: Record window graphs position)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 10:52:52 PM »
Dear John and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I recorded windows graph position, there are 5 positions available.
. . . .

I have had problems with this WeatherCat feature as well.  I finally checked the WeatherCat documentation and it turns out this feature only works for basic graphs, not the custom graphs or gauges.  There is no way to record the position of custom graphs or gauges at the moment.

Upon opening WXcat, my round gauges have moved all over the place.  I go to windows and choose to restore position 1 or 2 or 3, nothing happen.

At the moment, the only way to have your custom gauges and graphs where you want them is to move them there manually.  WeatherCat does attempt to restore gauges and windows to where you last left them, but this feature must have some limitations.  I have to shuffle some of my windows after every start of WeatherCat.

Sorry for my english I usually speak french.

Do the best you can to explain your question!  I hope my reply was clear enough for you to make sense of it!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Record window graphs position
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 04:02:37 AM »
John you could create a very simple html page, assign the graphs and gauges where you want them and even let WC update them for you at whatever interval you want. You then make that page your "home" page in your favorite browser and display them any time you want. "html" is nothing more than plain text, you can create that web page with TextEdit! I'll be happy to send you a sample file in a Private Message.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

JohnDoe1983

• Gentle Breeze
    • iquebecq10
  • Station Details: Vantage Vue, WMW200A, WMR86A
Re: Record window graphs position
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 03:23:43 PM »
Elagache,
Thank you very much, your explanations are very good. Now I understand.

xairbusdriver,

That would be a fun thing to try, I accept your offer.
Thank you I appreciate it.