Author Topic: Important firmware update for WeatherLinkIP  (Read 1820 times)

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
Important firmware update for WeatherLinkIP
« on: January 08, 2020, 09:15:58 AM »
hi

have you receive that ?
i'm a Mac user and have not Boot Camp and windows .... so impossible to do this update

for the moment Weathercat and Ip datalogger works well (for information i don't send data to weatherlink server )

thaks  [cheers1]

CRITICAL UPDATE: Important firmware update for WeatherLinkIP

Who needs this update?

Everyone using a WeatherLinkIP datalogger (p/n 6555) with their Davis weather station.

Details:

Your WeatherLinkIP datalogger has a critical bug that will prevent it from keeping its time properly synched with Davis servers and cause it to stop uploading historical archive records. You may have noticed that when downloading archive records into your PC software or looking at archive records on weatherlink.com that they are not entirely up to date. This firmware patch will fix that and ensure your weather station clock stays accurate and in synch.

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
Re: Important firmware update for WeatherLinkIP
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 08:51:21 PM »
Hi

Reply to my email from Davis :

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles. Unfortunately, we only have a firmware updater available for Windows PCs. 

If you need to update your IP firmware and you do not use a Windows based machine you can do any one of the following.

Find a Windows PC on the same network your WeatherLinkIP is connected to and update from that PC.
   Bring a Windows PC laptop into your network and update from that PC.
   Use Parallels or Bootcamp on your Mac to run Windows and the WeatherLinkIP updater program.
   Take the console and WeatherLinkIP datalogger to another network and use a Windows PC at that site.
   Send your WeatherLinkIP datalogger to our service center for us to update the firmware.

You will only need to send us the datalogger itself, you can hold on to your console.  Call and get an RMA and instructions from us at (510) 732-7814 | M-F 7:00am to 5:30pm pacific time

I realize these options are not ideal and if nothing else is possible at your end we are happy to update the firmware here in our service department.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Bruce Johnson
Technical Support Representative
(510) 732-7814 | M-F 7:00am to 5:30pm PT
support@davisinstruments.com

www.davisinstruments.com
3465 Diablo Ave, Hayward, CA 94545

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn

*If you need to reply, please be kind enough to use the REPLY (or REPLY ALL) , keep the full mail intact and don't change the subject. It makes our job much easier to see the whole conversation
**If you are replying to an ongoing issue, feel free to reply to this email.  If it is a new issue, be please email support@davisinstruments.com  so the next available technician can help you.
Modifier le message

David

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW8863
    • KMDGLENB25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 09:20:04 PM »
I got the email today as well. Is this update safe for WeatherCat? Has it been tested?

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 06:36:21 PM »
Fortunatly the wife's desk computer is a PC and on the same network, so I was able to do the fix.  However, not sure why I needed it the data and times wore spot on with their other logger and checked out when I downloaded it , but none the less  I did  it.    Sometimes it might have been a short term glitch
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 01:41:33 PM »
hi

Second mail from davis

CRITICAL UPDATE: Important firmware update for WeatherLinkIP

Who needs this update?

Everyone using a WeatherLinkIP datalogger (p/n 6555) with their Davis weather station.

Details:

Your WeatherLinkIP datalogger has a critical bug that will prevent it from keeping its time properly synched with Davis servers and cause it to stop uploading historical archive records. You may have noticed that when downloading archive records into your PC software or looking at archive records on weatherlink.com that they are not entirely up to date. This firmware patch will fix that and ensure your weather station clock stays accurate and in synch.

As I do not share my data with Davis server and I do not use their software ...... my station is synchronized with my app on Mac so I do not change anything for now
It's up to them to find a solution for Mac users

[cheers1] jean fred

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 04:44:34 PM »
Hello Weathercat friends

Update for Weatherlink IP ok with my Mac  ,i use Crossover Mac without installing Windows
I run the .exe with Crossover  , just put the IP from your datalogger and run

https://www.codeweavers.com/products

[cheers1] [cheers1]

jean fred