Author Topic: Upgrading Weathercat from 1.23 to version 3  (Read 337 times)

Denver

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW3940
    • KCASCOTT13
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Data Logger, iMac 10.10.5, WeatherCat 1.23 Build 16
Upgrading Weathercat from 1.23 to version 3
« on: December 29, 2019, 07:01:09 am »
I am planning to upgrade Weathercat from 1.23 to version 3.  I see in the version 3 release notes that my current 1.23 environment should be zipped and then deleted, because it isn't needed anymore:

"If you have an existing WeatherCat 1 or 2 installation, please compress/zip up your existing WeatherCat folder (just in-case you have something in there you need) and then delete your existing WeatherCat folder as it isn't used or needed any more."

Does this mean that all of the configuration information in the current environment will not be preserved when I upgrade to version 3?   In other words, will all of the work that i have done configuring my current weather station, email addresses and parameters for uploading to Wunderground and CWOP be lost?   Will I have to manually configure everything all over again, as though it were a new installation?

Denver

Denver

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW3940
    • KCASCOTT13
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Data Logger, iMac 10.10.5, WeatherCat 1.23 Build 16
Re: Upgrading Weathercat from 1.23 to version 3
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 09:32:27 pm »
Well, I just purchased version 3.0, ran through the installation process from 1.23 to 3.05, registered the latest version, and did some quick verifications. 

The whole thing took about 15 minutes, and was flawless!

Thank you!   It is a pleasure working with such high quality software, and I know it reflects a lot of hard work and diligence from start to finish.

Now on to upgrading the Mac OSX from High Sierra to Catalina...

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Mojave | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 05:03:39 pm »
Glad to see you weathered the upgrade. The reason to Zip your old stuff is to just make sure that you don't have the possibility of a shortcut trying to start up an old version of WC. You don't need anything in your applications folder other than the latest release of WeatherCat.
Blick

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 09:39:33 pm »
Well, I just purchased version 3.0, ran through the installation process from 1.23 to 3.05, registered the latest version, and did some quick verifications. 

The whole thing took about 15 minutes, and was flawless!

Thank you!   It is a pleasure working with such high quality software, and I know it reflects a lot of hard work and diligence from start to finish.

Now on to upgrading the Mac OSX from High Sierra to Catalina...

You're welcome  ThU32:-)