Author Topic: What are your end-of-month climate statistics according to WeatherCat?  (Read 70393 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
Re: What are your end-of-month climate statistics according to WeatherCat?
« Reply #285 on: March 05, 2023, 10:57:04 PM »
We had a new record low pressure here (since 2015) also:
Low Pressure:    29.06 inHg on Mar 3, 2023, 9:09 am
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #286 on: March 06, 2023, 03:51:04 PM »
So did we: Lowest recorded pressure: 29.03 inHg on Mar 3, 2023
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Epidemic! (Re: What are your end-of-month climate statistics)
« Reply #287 on: March 06, 2023, 10:11:31 PM »
Dear Steve, X-Air, Dave, and WeatherCat users with a funny bone . . . .  cmu:-)

So did we: Lowest recorded pressure: 29.03 inHg on Mar 3, 2023

We had a new record low pressure here (since 2015) also:
Low Pressure:    29.06 inHg on Mar 3, 2023, 9:09 am

New station record: Lowest recorded pressure: 29.06 inHg on Mar 3, 2023.

[wink] . . . . . . .  Gasp!  It must be an atmospheric epidemic of depression!! . . . . .  lol(1)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2023, 03:10:47 PM »
...such a sad response!! [rolleyes2] [coffee]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Epidemic! (Re: What are your end-of-month climate statistics)
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2023, 04:14:08 PM »

[wink] . . . . . . .  Gasp!  It must be an atmospheric epidemic of depression!! . . . . .  lol(1)

I have overcome my depressed and anxious state to report my weather station also reported the all-time low pressure. I believe it is a conspiracy engineered by Davis Instruments of Hayward, California. 
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
« Reply #290 on: April 01, 2023, 10:11:34 PM »
Dear WeatherCat climate watchers,

No April fools joke, I guess I'll be the first to report what the March climate was in the San Francisco Bay Area.  Here is the usual WeatherCatRCP display:

I believe California has gotten enough press that the display is more or less self-explanatory.  The only bit of trivia is that this year wasn't the wettest March recorded at Canebas Weather Station.  The wettest on record at Canebas was 2012 when we got 14.91 inches of rain!

Cheers, Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
« Reply #291 on: April 02, 2023, 01:45:33 AM »
March was...
   Cooler than average (54.33°F versus an average of 54.70)
   Wetter than average (10.46 in versus an average total of 6.67)
   Calmer than average (a wind run of 449 miles versus an average of 1,220)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #292 on: April 02, 2023, 02:18:32 PM »
March was...
   Cooler than average (38.12°F versus an average of 38.42)
   Wetter than average (2.65 in versus an average total of 2.40)
   Calmer than average (a wind run of 2,486 miles versus an average of 3,435)

We are in southern Tennessee, having picked up our new travel trailer on Wednesday. Sever storms passed through the past few days with tornados and wind damage. All good where we’ve been. Heading to Pine Mountain, Georgia today for three days at Callaway Gardens.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Dave13

• Gentle Breeze
    • CW7890
    • KTNPARSO2
    • ParsonsWeather.com
  • Station Details: Davis VP2
« Reply #293 on: April 02, 2023, 10:23:44 PM »
March was...
   Warmer than average (52.28°F versus an average of 52.02)
   Wetter than average (5.28 in versus an average total of 5.13)
   Windier than average (a wind run of 1,993 miles versus an average of 1,267)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Thanks (Re: end-of-month climate statistics according to WeatherCat?)
« Reply #294 on: April 02, 2023, 10:42:12 PM »
Dear X-Air, Steve, Dave, and WeatherCat climate watchers,

Thanks for your contributions!

Steve, I'm glad that you have taken possession your nifty trailer and escaped the extreme weather.

I assume X-Air you also have avoided anything more than some nasty thunderstorms.

Cheers, Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
« Reply #295 on: April 02, 2023, 11:20:46 PM »
So far. The last line was quite scattered. Unfortunately, the local NWS radar is no longer available and the local TV radars label every CB as having the infamous "hook" signature. [rolleyes2]

I did spend several minutes in our most secure closet with our cats. Fortunately we had lots of cat food in there. ThU32:-)

Dave13

• Gentle Breeze
    • CW7890
    • KTNPARSO2
    • ParsonsWeather.com
  • Station Details: Davis VP2
« Reply #296 on: April 02, 2023, 11:21:34 PM »
The extreme weather missed us, supercell storms that produced tornadoes passed north and south of here.
The storms that passed approx. 15 miles north of here were the same storms that hit Wynne, AR and Covington, TN. Unfortunately the latest report I saw was 4 fatalities and dozens of injuries in Wynne, 1 fatality in Covington.
The storms that passed approx. 20 miles south of here were the same storms that hit McNairy county TN. Unfortunately there were 9 fatalities reported.
NWS survey teams have determined the tornadoes that struck these areas were rated EF-3.

Sources:
https://wreg.com/news/wynne-high-school-damaged-by-tornado/
https://wreg.com/weather/weather-weather/watch-officials-provide-updates-on-covington/
https://wreg.com/news/tn-confirms-9-dead-in-mcnairy-county-after-overnight-storms/
https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=202304021838-KMEG-NOUS44-PNSMEG

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #297 on: April 03, 2023, 05:53:19 PM »
Here on the far western slopes of the Uinta Mountains in Northern Utah .... we set records for March cold temperature and precipitation. Coldest and snowiest March on record. That's what atmospheric rivers pointed straight at your location do for you.

March was...
        Cooler than average (22.37°F versus an average of 31.04)
        Wetter than average (8.36 in versus an average total of 2.81)
        Calmer than average (a wind run of 2,704 miles versus an average of 3,261)

Today, I measured 90 inches (2.3 meters) of snowpack outside my front door. Snowpack is what addresses our severe drought. So far we have received an accumulated total of 352 inches (8.9 meters) of snow this winter. Keep it coming! We need all the water we can get.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
« Reply #298 on: April 03, 2023, 10:22:53 PM »
Dear X-Air, Dave, Blick, and WeatherCat observers of weather and climate (preferably from a safe distance).

So far. The last line was quite scattered. Unfortunately, the local NWS radar is no longer available and the local TV radars label every CB as having the infamous "hook" signature. [rolleyes2]

I did spend several minutes in our most secure closet with our cats. Fortunately we had lots of cat food in there. ThU32:-)

[wink] . . . . Glad to hear that at least the cats remained well fed!  . . .  lol(1)

The extreme weather missed us, supercell storms that produced tornadoes passed north and south of here.
. . . . .

Thanks for the report on the tornadoes.  Indeed it was a very nasty outbreak.

Here on the far western slopes of the Uinta Mountains in Northern Utah .... we set records for March cold temperature and precipitation. Coldest and snowiest March on record. That's what atmospheric rivers pointed straight at your location do for you.

. . . .

Today, I measured 90 inches (2.3 meters) of snowpack outside my front door. Snowpack is what addresses our severe drought. So far we have received an accumulated total of 352 inches (8.9 meters) of snow this winter. Keep it coming! We need all the water we can get.

Glad to hear that you also benefited from the atmospheric rivers!   Is your location expected to have drought removed or just lessened?  It is a bit hard to judge from the maps provided by the Climate Prediction Center.

Cheers, Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #299 on: April 06, 2023, 08:32:33 PM »
Glad to hear that you also benefited from the atmospheric rivers!   Is your location expected to have drought removed or just lessened?  It is a bit hard to judge from the maps provided by the Climate Prediction Center.

As of yesterday, the US Drought Monitor reclassified our area from Moderate Drought to Abnormally Dry. This is the first time in years we have been out of the Drought classifications. Hope it stays that way.
Blick