Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137931 times)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #360 on: December 23, 2016, 06:03:05 PM »
Hi,
well I know, though this is exactly what this update is about - the menu was the last problematic thing. Any change was lost with each update. This update brings the possibility to customize the menu and it is saved separately.
Just keep in mind that it is absolutely fine to keep on using 10, but from now on you cannot update or install any block or plugin I release from now on because the code always assumes the functions from the most recent version are available. Everything you have right now will of course work fine, but no changes must be made from now on and this holds for blocks and plugins (updates, new block, new plugins). There are new functions in this update that add some features in the backend and I will make use of those in future work. It is not just the menu - that is the visible part.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #361 on: December 23, 2016, 07:47:10 PM »
Hi Jachym,

Thanks for the new version. The update went smoothly, and the instructions were easy to follow for my first update attempt. The new menu system seems extremely versatile, and I'll be fiddling with it after the first of the year.

Thanks, and have a wonderful Christmas,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #362 on: December 23, 2016, 07:59:06 PM »
On which page

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #363 on: December 23, 2016, 08:43:43 PM »
On which page
I edited my previous reply, answering my own question.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
New Year?s present - New Plugin - Calendar
« Reply #364 on: December 28, 2016, 06:06:24 PM »
New Year?s present - New Plugin - Calendar

Hi guys,

I just released a new plugin - sort of a present for you from me for the new year :-)

After years of trying (no, this is not a joke, I was trying to accomplish this already when I had my own page and there was no Meteotemplate), I have finally managed to successfully create scripts that generate fully functional PDF documents, which obviously are great if you want to print something and view it physically not just in a browser on a monitor.

I am releasing this a few days in advance because in case there are any bugs we can still work on it further and you can of course expect this PDF feature now being gradually implemented in other parts of the template as well :-)

This plugin allows you to create various PDF calendars - monthly, weekly, daily or a blank diary. These can include your station data as well, you set print/color version, create a booklet version ideal for printing and much more. It will also use your template settings for the colors, first day of the week, units, language etc.

Main features:
- monthly calendar with station data
- weekly calendar with station data
- daily calendar with station data
- blank weekly diary - sunrises/sunsets for your location, eclipses, moon phases etc.
- normal or booklet versions
- color or black/white (for print) versions
- units based on template settings, colors based on template settings, first day of the week based on template settings
- paper size selection (A4, Letter)
- language based on template settings
- and much more :-)

You do not need to set up this plugin in any way, just upload to your plugins directory. Then update your menu.php and in your menu settings add a link to this new plugin.

NOTE: PDFs in general are very difficult to work with and also quite demanding so please be patient, the calendar generation may take a while and so that you are not bored I implemented a script which will show you a random interesting fact while you are waiting for your calendar to be created :-)

In particular it is likely that the calendar script will be very slow on my server since many of you are likely to look at the same time.

ENJOY!

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/calendar/index.php#/

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
Happy New Year!!!
« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2016, 05:14:01 PM »
Hi guys,

just want to wish all the best to all of you and your families.

As we would say in Czech:

"V?em V?m přeju kr?sn? a ?ťastn? nov? rok!"

http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=1600

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #366 on: December 31, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »
Happy New Year Jachym!

And thanks for bringing Meteotemplate to WeatherCat in 2016 - how are you going to top that in 2017? :)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Happy New Year Jachym! (Re: Happy New Year!!!)
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »
By all means Happy New Year Jachym!

"V?em V?m přeju kr?sn? a ?ťastn? nov? rok!"

;) . . . . . Alas, I must be brutally honest . . . . . It might as well be Greek for me!! . . . . .  lol(1)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2016, 10:38:17 PM »
Thanks Edouard,
yes I can imagine... Czech is not easy :D And you dont even want to see the grammar :D

Here is one popular sentence from Czech:

Třistatřicettři stř?brn?ch stř?kaček stř?kalo přes třistatřicettři stř?brn?ch střech :D

The worst thing is that pronunciation of the above is probably even worse than how it is written. We have one particular letter which no other language in the world has and even some Czechs cant pronounce it correctly :D I can :P

Have fun practicing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKuo60LQfnQ

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #369 on: January 01, 2017, 01:29:44 PM »
333 silver firehoses? So says my wife who's Slovak.

J? taky přeju kr?sn? a ?ťastn? nov? rok!

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #370 on: January 01, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
No vida, a vyslovit bys to uměl? :D Je to sp?? takov? jazykolam, če?tina obecně je stra?n?, proto?e m? hrozně moc v?jimek, zvl??tnost? atd.

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #371 on: January 01, 2017, 04:28:42 PM »
I noticed she had trouble with the pronunciation as well. I don't know if it's the difference between Slovak and Czech or the tongue-twister nature of the passage. But listening to my wife read it, there's *absolutely* no way I'd attempt it.

Heck, I have trouble with Dr Seuss.

Or even "If Stu chews shoes, should Stu choose the shoes he chews?"

;)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #372 on: January 01, 2017, 04:35:30 PM »
As I mentioned, this "ř" letter is only in Czech, Slovaks dont have it and even many Czechs cant say it right :D

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #373 on: January 01, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »
this "ř" letter is only in Czech, Slovaks dont have it and even many Czechs cant say it right
"Say it"!? I can't even read it! 'course, where I live, we shorten lots of words by leaving off any trailin' "g". And we never get around to doin' anything because we're always fixin'[/i ] to do it. ThU32:-)
All y'all * come back now, ya hear?!

* All y'all is the plural of y'all, of course... cmu:-)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - New Plugin - Steel Series Gauges
« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2017, 12:55:23 AM »
New Plugin - Steel Series Gauges

Hi guys,

I have been working on this for quite some time and now I finally think I got it to the final stage. Before I continue, I would like to especially thank Mark Crossley for creating this script and letting me use it.

I have substantially modified both the original Steel Series script and Mark?s script to make it compatible with Meteotemplate and the database, the data retrieving script is different and I have also added many new features, and most importantly, completely converted the setup to GUI (colorpickers, drag/drop etc.). It will also automatically choose language and units based on your template settings.

Main features
- interactive real-time updating gauges showing your data
- tooltips with today?s min/max values
- summary of current, today?s and yesterday?s data
- interactive graphs
- complete GUI setup
- highly customizable
- compatible with the template database, WD, Cumulus, WeatherCat, Meteobridge

Some of the changes I made to the original script:
- interactive graphs are available for all data sources and include daily, monthly, annual graphs, where you can also select grouping
- GUI set up page, where you can specify practically everything (colors using colorpickers, gauge order using drag&drop, look and feel of the gauges, disable/enable gauges and their features etc.)
- completely different data retrieval script
- new summary page (popup dialog with summary data table and caching implemented)
- possibility to choose gauge type for each parameter gauge
- drag&drop gauge order
- pointer speed selection
- possibility to set gauge shadow options (transparency, size, color)
- possibility to specify min/max highlight area (enable/disable, color, transparency)
- possibility to specify rain gauge gradient color (I added some new gradients to the original script for more options)
- possibility to specify odometer details (size, number of digits, background/foreground colors of main section and decimals section)
- possibility to specify the knob color
- added new customization features for tooltips - trigger (hover or click), animation time, tooltip delay
- changed color gradients of the gauges (solar uses black->yellow, temperature blue->red etc.)
- changed styling of tooltips and other parts to match the design you specified for Meteotemplate
- auto use template language and units

You can basically set up absolutely everything and you don?t have to know a single line of code. I tried to make the setup page as intuitive as possible and in the demo you can also view this setup page on my server (this is a modified version in which you obviously will not be able to save the changes, this is only for illustration purposes, but once you install this in your template you will of course be able to see and save the changes).

Hope you enjoy it and thanks again to Mark for his great work.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/steelSeries/

Enjoy