Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137685 times)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #300 on: November 05, 2016, 09:17:44 PM »
Here you go

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #301 on: November 05, 2016, 10:00:13 PM »
Thank you. I've added it to the server, and into my local copy of the zipped file.

I'm enjoying experimenting! Sometimes it doesn't draw the arrow on my UV gauge, and sometimes it doesn't draw the rain block images. So I empty the station cache, and it seems to work okay for a while.

Link in my sig to the current arrangement. Still plenty of playing around to do.

Thank you for creating this and being so helpful here with us WeatheCatters!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #302 on: November 05, 2016, 10:21:45 PM »
Feature Request: I'd like t see Instagram added to the socialNetworks plugin and the weatherNetworks block.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #303 on: November 05, 2016, 10:27:59 PM »
I can add a link to the weatherNetworks block, there is no social networks block, just a plugin and that one is connected to the FB API, so it wont work by simply putting in Instagram link there

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #304 on: November 05, 2016, 10:31:37 PM »
It was just a thought, as I see a lot of interesting weather photos on Instagram. I've had an account for a long time, but haven't posted anything to it. All my Instagram photos go on my traveling account. :)

I just realized that there is a tiny slice of the Moon in the header. Very cool!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #305 on: November 05, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »
The header shows the current Moon phase, but only if it is night-time and if it is not cloudy.

I can add a link to the weather networks block

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #306 on: November 05, 2016, 10:46:38 PM »
The header shows the current Moon phase, but only if it is night-time and if it is not cloudy.

I've been fiddling with it the past several evenings, but it has been cloudy, so this was the first time I saw it. Nice touch!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
Reinhard,

How did you get the Davis VP2 silhouette on your station status and info blocks? It shows properly on my "Weather Station" and "Info" pull-down tabs, but on the two blocks it is the generic station.

Having spent a bunch of time moving blocks around on my test site, I now appreciate how much time your layout must have taken!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2016, 07:36:26 PM »
It is always downloaded from the blocks "icons" folder, so just replace the station.png in there with whatever you want, just make sure you replace both the dark and light versions (both can be downloaded from meteotemplate.com)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2016, 10:43:39 PM »
Jachym,

Thank you, sir! I'd remembered the other day that you'd said the wiki instructions for the main icon folder were wrong, buy I never thought to look in the individual blocks' icon folder.

That looks better!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »
Reinhard,

How did you get the Davis VP2 silhouette on your station status and info blocks? It shows properly on my "Weather Station" and "Info" pull-down tabs, but on the two blocks it is the generic station.

Having spent a bunch of time moving blocks around on my test site, I now appreciate how much time your layout must have taken!

Sorry, too late - Jachym already answered your question. Yes, it is really a time-killer - but a nice one!  :)
I look very often at your site, too - watching the progresses you make. Jachym gave us a nice toy to play with! Thanks again for that, Jachym.

Cheers,
Reinhard

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2016, 11:49:55 PM »
Jachym,

I have a question about the riset block showing Sun and Moon rise and set times. The graphic of the Sun's transit corresponds to the actual time shown on the chart and in the sky above. But the graphic of the Moon's transit starts immediately after sunset, regardless of the chart times or actual conditions in the sky. For instance, right now, the sun set an hour ago, so the Moon has barely started its transit. But by the chart and in actuality, the Moon is almost at its zenith.

Is it just a graphic representation of transit instead of actual conditions? If so, is there an easy way to toggle the graphic off? I see that Reinhard does not have a graphic on his riset block.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2016, 11:54:00 PM »
The top graphic shows the actual night phase, the times at the bottom are static icons

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2016, 12:01:33 AM »
My local time is 18:59 EST, and the Moon reaches its zenith in one minute. But the graphic at the top shows it just starting its transit, which began 1:45 ago at sunset. Shouldn't the graphic of the Moon be shown at the zenith? That's where it is outside.

BTW, how's the WeatherCat Soil Parameters Block progressing?

Thanks
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2016, 12:16:51 AM »
My local time is 18:59 EST, and the Moon reaches its zenith in one minute. But the graphic at the top shows it just starting its transit, which began 1:45 ago at sunset. Shouldn't the graphic of the Moon be shown at the zenith? That's where it is outside.

BTW, how's the WeatherCat Soil Parameters Block progressing?

Thanks

Oh... I see... sorry for the confusion, the Moon icon in this case represents "night" - so it means the night has just began. It is not related to the moon stage because that would be quite difficult to do, Moon is often visible during the day etc. The top graphic shows day/night stage.