Author Topic: WeatherCat iPhone/iPad App  (Read 2748 times)

Duncan's Grove

• Calm
    • KTXSUGAR13
    • Duncan's Grove
  • Station Details: Station: Ambient WS-2080; iMac 27" 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 32GB ram, Yosemite
WeatherCat iPhone/iPad App
« on: June 15, 2015, 12:34:44 AM »
Need help with the iPhone App. It works while I'm at home (on my wifi network) but not anywhere away from my house. Under "Settings" on the App there are 3 choices: "Local" (which I'm guessing is my home wifi network?); then there is "Internet 1" and "Internet 2" , and both have the following url: trilogy-test.dyndns.org. I've looked in the Manual and Forums and I'm just not seeing any instructions or discussion anywhere about what "internet 1" and "internet 2" are all about, and if there is a way to make it possible for me to access this iPhone App when out of my house. I tried copying and pasting the URL of my WeatherUnderground website page into "Internet 1" but that didn't work. Anyone know how this works? (I tried the iPad App but it was very wierd--some stuff displayed correctly, other stuff didn't). But I'd be satisfied to just get the iPhone App working. Thanks.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
Re: WeatherCat iPhone/iPad App
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 03:24:12 AM »
I seem to remember that this is purely a WiFi app (local). The "internet 1/2" are links to the developers (temporary?) links for testing.

You might want to post this in the WeatherCat iOS Clients threads. There are some specific threads that address this problem:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 07:01:14 AM »
X-Air is correct, this post is better placed in the iOS Client forum at http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=10.0. However, he is not correct about the app being local only. (Don't worry, he is happy to be right 50% of the time because that improves his average  :) .) Internet 1 and Internet 2 are where you set either the IP address on your home network that you have established for remote connections back to your home network from outside your network or the dyndns proxy name you have established for the same purpose.

You need to setup port forwarding for WeatherCat in your router in order for the iOS apps to connect remotely. The default URLs in Internet 1 and 2 are there for you to test your router settings. When your router settings are correctly fixed, you will be able to pull up the test data in the app using the default URL. Once that is working, change the setting in Internet 1 to your correct address for port forwarding to allow you to see your own WeatherCat data. Internet 2 simply allows you to either keep the test data as an option, or, in the event that you have two installations of WeatherCat on different networks (one at home and one on a remote island in the South Pacific), you can retain the settings for both.

You can read about how to do all this in the WeatherCat Wiki: http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/WeatherCat_Clients
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 01:55:48 PM »
he is happy to be right 50% of the time because that improves his average
For your information I am not "happy"!!! I am ecstatic!!! BTW, my average is getting extremely close to double-digits! [woohoo]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system