Author Topic: Use with Ambient Weather 1200 IP  (Read 2277 times)

Lignumaqua

• Calm
    • EW6166
    • KTXAUST1370
  • Station Details: Ambient Weather 1200 with custom software
Use with Ambient Weather 1200 IP
« on: November 18, 2014, 10:59:20 PM »
I'm a new user of WeatherCat and, thanks to a helpful email from the developer, I've managed to get it running with an Ambient Weather 1200 IP station. This station doesn't have a conventional link that you can use to send data to WeatherCat. Instead, I've written some scripts that interrogate the station and create an XML document that emulates the one produced by WeatherHawk. WeatherCat reads that in fine and all is good!  :)

Now to my questions. Firstly, has anyone else gone this route with interfacing with WeatherCat, or is there a better way of emulating some other supported station?

Secondly, is there any way I can get internal temperature and humidity into WeatherCat? The WeatherHawk protocol doesn't support these values, as far as I can see.

Thanks again for the rapid response to my email and the idea to create the WeatherHawk XML file!

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Congratulations! (Re: Use with Ambient Weather 1200 IP)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:14:25 PM »
Dear Lignumaqua and WeatherCat welcoming committee, . . . .

First things first, welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

I'm a new user of WeatherCat and, thanks to a helpful email from the developer, I've managed to get it running with an Ambient Weather 1200 IP station. This station doesn't have a conventional link that you can use to send data to WeatherCat. Instead, I've written some scripts that interrogate the station and create an XML document that emulates the one produced by WeatherHawk. WeatherCat reads that in fine and all is good!  :)

Well congratulations!  That's quite a feat!  [tup]

Now to my questions. Firstly, has anyone else gone this route with interfacing with WeatherCat, or is there a better way of emulating some other supported station?

As far as I know nobody has ever managed to get WeatherCat to work with a non-supported station before.  Anybody aware of another case?

Secondly, is there any way I can get internal temperature and humidity into WeatherCat? The WeatherHawk protocol doesn't support these values, as far as I can see.

You may need to get that answer from Stu (Stuart Ball, the developer of WeatherCat) directly.

Thank you for your contribution!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Lignumaqua

• Calm
    • EW6166
    • KTXAUST1370
  • Station Details: Ambient Weather 1200 with custom software
Re: Use with Ambient Weather 1200 IP
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:34:05 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Edouard!

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Use with Ambient Weather 1200 IP
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
Post a feature request for a documented XML via HTTP station driver in the feature request forum - that way it'll get logged  [tup]