Author Topic: PSA: Wunderground dashboard  (Read 2512 times)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
PSA: Wunderground dashboard
« on: December 23, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »
This may be old news, but just noticed it's now possible to view additional data on Wunderground's dashboard - here's mine:
http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISCOTLAN25

Note they are showing leaf wetness, soil temperature and moisture!

I've often wondered what they do with the additional data we send - now at last it looks like they're starting to use it.

(Note - there does appear to be some bugs - mine's not currently showing (what I consider to be the most important variable) pressure, and the number of decimal places on the soil temperature seems a little excessive :) )

[Edit: It seems the problems on the page only apply if you are using centigrade and mm's - it all looks fine in inches and Fahrenheit]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: PSA: Wunderground dashboard
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »
That's cool! Even in Imperial it shows that my soil temp is 40.00˚ ;)

I like the pop-up "About this PWS" info, and it show how many visitors the page has had, too.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Stu for the tip! (Re: PSA: Wunderground dashboard)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »
Howdy Stu, Steve and WeatherCat fans,

This may be old news, but just noticed it's now possible to view additional data on Wunderground's dashboard . . . . .

Thanks Stu for the pointer - I hadn't noticed!  [tup]

It does appear to be a beta of a new way to display personal weather station information.  It is rough on the edges but has promise.  Perhaps the Weather Channel acquisition of Weather Underground has breathed new life into their website development staff.

We'll see!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]