Author Topic: FYI: I'm getting one assertive billy-goat station wagon!!  (Read 60723 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Mojave | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | Supportive Wife
Re: FYI: I'm getting one assertive billy-goat station wagon!!
« Reply #270 on: December 27, 2019, 07:03:30 pm »
Thank you sir. Love the result.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Photos of train station on Superbowl Sunday. (Re: Billy-goat station wagon!!)
« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2020, 12:34:15 am »
Dear WeatherCat fans of a certain rascally station wagon,

My local classic car enthusiast friend insists that the first of the year and Superbowl Sunday are excellent times to get your classic out for some exercise.  So this year, I decided to try to find some quieter traffic and visit a recently restored railroad depot.  Sadly the traffic was much heavier than I expected.  However, Biquette and I made it to our destination which had once been a popular steakhouse.  Here is an online article describing the renovation:

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/10/24/walnut-creek-depot-poised-to-go-from-steaks-to-retail-shops/

As hoped, the nice and shiny building made a great backdrop for my trusty wagon:

As always, click on the image for a larger version.  I tried very hard to avoid including anything in the photos that would give away that they were taken in 2020.  Of course there were modern parking meters, handicap parking, and other obstacles to avoid.  Here is a view of the north side of the building:

Yes, you can see a blooming tree in the background, California is definitely staring at a drought.  The reason to avoid all those modern features was to make another stab at digitally aging a photo.  Here is a photo taken at the south side of the building:

I took more care in replicating the aging process using a photo that was taken of my trusty wagon back in 1968 as a reference.  You can view that photo on this webpage:

http://www.canebas.org/Biquette/

Here is my attempt to digitally age the above photo to look like a slide taken in the 1960s:

It is a difficult balance to make the image look old but not degrading it beyond what you will see in images of the period.

Enjoy!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Mojave | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | Supportive Wife
« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2020, 07:24:52 am »
Both you and the car appear to be aging well.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.14.4/WC 3.0.4
« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2020, 03:19:21 pm »
“Aging well...” through the ‘miracle’ of Photoshop! [rolleyes2] cmu:-)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Value of interchangeable parts! (Re: Billy-goat station wagon!!)
« Reply #274 on: February 09, 2020, 11:25:00 pm »
Dear Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat fans of aging with style!

Both you and the car appear to be aging well.

Well, . . . . . .  I wish I was aging as well as Biquette!  Of course you can't buy off the shelf a complete suspension, steering and brake systems for us human types.

“Aging well...” through the ‘miracle’ of Photoshop! [rolleyes2] cmu:-)

Well no.  No Photoshop was involved in making Biquette look as new as she does.  She really does look that nice in person!  [bounce]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]