Author Topic: Is WeatherCat compatible with my macOS Sonoma 14.7.1 and VantageVue please.  (Read 33 times)

KenC

  • Calm
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue with Mac OS 14.7.1
Hi all.

First of all, please excuse me if I use the wrong words. I'm not very up with computer jargon. And thank you for letting me join here.

I've had a Davis Vantage Vue system for many years. When mac upgraded and I couldn't use it any more on my computer I couldn't find a way to display the readouts on my computer.

I now really think it's time to sort it out again and I am asking if WeatherCat will display the reading on my mac and if yes, how do I set it up.

Please. :)

Blicj11

  • Storm
  • *****
  • Posts: 4122
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Sonoma 14.8.9 | WeatherCat 4.0.0 | Supportive Wife
KenC:

Welcome to the WeatherCat Forums. We are glad to have you. Yes, WeatherCat runs fine on Sonoma with a Vantage Vue. I have a different Davis station, but the Vue is supported. I am currently running on macOS Sonoma. You may want to upgrade to the most recent release of Sonoma, which is 14.8.9.

The WeatherCat manual is excellent for walking you through how to set up your Vue, and if you have specific questions you can come back to the forum and someone will answer them.

FYI, you posted this question in the section for iOS clients, which is where you ask questions about using WeatherCat on your iPhone and iPad. If you have followup questions, start a new topic in the WeatherCat General Discussion forum.
Blick