Author Topic: Disable WeatherCat logging conditions to system log  (Read 655 times)

Xipper

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW1914
    • KORPORTL202
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro
Disable WeatherCat logging conditions to system log
« on: January 09, 2021, 10:41:31 PM »
I cannot find a setting to disable WeatherCat writing to the macOS system logs.  Am I missing something obvious?

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Disable WeatherCat logging conditions to system log
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 11:58:19 PM »
I am assuming you are talking about the WC logs to ~/Library/Logs/WeatherCat that appear to be duplicates of those written to "system.log"? The user logs are deleted after eight days, so they don't use much disk space after that. AFAICK the system.log is rotated daily. I assume that is why Stu set up WC to save them for about a week.

They are often handy for discovering what may have been causing a problem.
A few of the services that you may be uploading to have checkboxes that enable/disable those entries and the Custom Web (WU & CWOP), Webcam and Misc2 have particular logging choices.

Unfortunately, in Catalina, they are much less available. Apparently you can still search for "WeatherCat" but I'm not sure how easy it may be to search for multiple criteria. Still waiting to hear from folks using Big Sur to see if Console has been made as useful as it was pre-Catalina.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system