Author Topic: Graph of wind run ?  (Read 1077 times)

macdengig

• Calm
    • IQCLAVAL10
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro with heated rain collector, late 2006 iMac running OS X 10.7.5 (Lion), WeatherCat 2.4.4
Graph of wind run ?
« on: October 01, 2020, 10:00:40 PM »
Hello everybody,

I would like to have a plot of the wind run f (time of day).

I studied all the possible ways to produce graphs in WeatherCat, but could not find any way to do it.

Any suggestions ?

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Synthetic channel! (Re: Graph of wind run ?)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:46:30 PM »
Dear macdengig and WeatherCat DIY types,

I would like to have a plot of the wind run f (time of day).

I studied all the possible ways to produce graphs in WeatherCat, but could not find any way to do it.

Any suggestions ?

If you simply want a measure of the total wind, there is a way using the WeatherCat synthetic channel feature which is described starting on page 57 of the current WeatherCat manual.

Here is my synthetic channel for a weekly wind run graph:

Once you get past the legalize, what is actually doing the work is only two statements:

Code: [Select]
set Query to "STAT$WINDRUN:TOTAL:THISWEEK$"
set result to QueryResult

You can graph the synthetic channel like any other source of real data.  Here is my graph of the wind run for this week:

You can change the period of the synthetic channel by modifying the STAT$ tag.  It is described starting on page 205 of the WeatherCat manual.  If you can seem to figure out how to get the results you want, don't hesitate to ask.  The STAT$ is extremely powerful and therefore a bit tricky to use.

Cheers, Edouard

macdengig

• Calm
    • IQCLAVAL10
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro with heated rain collector, late 2006 iMac running OS X 10.7.5 (Lion), WeatherCat 2.4.4
Re: Graph of wind run ?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 11:59:25 PM »
Thanks, elagache!

I will try to implement the script over the week-end.

Do you have to re-boot WeatherCat to make it work ?

A+ macdengig

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 03:33:21 AM »
And here is how you would change the channel to give you a daily wind run chart.

Code: [Select]
-- This Query tracks daily wind run and resets each day
set Query to "STAT$WINDRUN:TOTAL:TODAY$"
set result to QueryResult

The attached custom graph plots daily wind speed and wind run.

WeatherCat is powerful, and fun!
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 05:46:07 PM »
And (Spoiler Alert: Shameless self-promotion) you can also view the "Wind Run & Speed" graph in the "Custom Graphs" section of WeatherCatRCP on your iOS device.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 05:56:10 PM »
Hahaha. I should have been smart enough to include that. One of the coolest features of the iOS app is the ability to see all your custom graphs and Custom Text Windows. The app is awesome!
Blick