Author Topic: WU submission  (Read 1271 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
WU submission
« on: January 30, 2020, 07:16:17 PM »
Hi WeatherCatters
 Is any one having problems with WeatherUnderground I keep getting WeatherCat has encountered the following Weatherground error:  WeatherCat could not decode Weatherground reply. Slowed down the up loads but that wasn't helped any suggestions? hey Edouard.

thanks

cheers  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Another one of *THOSE* . . . . . . (Re: WU submission)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 09:59:57 PM »
Dear Randall and WeatherCat data submission junkies, . . . .

Is any one having problems with WeatherUnderground I keep getting WeatherCat has encountered the following Weatherground error:  WeatherCat could not decode Weatherground reply. Slowed down the up loads but that wasn't helped any suggestions? hey Edouard.

Unfortunately, it looks like one of those "no adjustment of your WeatherCat installation is necessary" glitches on the part of Weather Underground.  My data is being uploaded just fine with a success rate of 99.51%.  It is always prudent to reboot your Mac and see if giving WeatherCat a fresh start solves the problem.  Another possible issue could be your Internet provider.  If rebooting doesn't help, you might shut your computer down for like 1/2 hour or so and see if that clears up the problem.  It could be that the IP address that was assigned to your computer has been used by a hacker before and Weather Underground blocked that IP address from submitting.  Keeping your computer off the Internet should get your ISP to assign you another address and that might clear up the problem.

If all those suggestions don't work, give us another holler on the forum and we'll see if we can think of anything else to try.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: WU submission
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 01:44:22 AM »
Quote from: Edouard
...you might shut your computer down for like 1/2 hour or so...
Is that actually legal?! [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 03:36:37 PM »
What's the latest on this Randy? WU is so fickle. I haven't seen that error, but the errors I have seen corrected themselves after a week or two of obnoxious messages.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 12:05:32 AM »
Hi Blick, Edouard and xair I have tried everything trashed my wu plist shut it down as Edouard said It my be my new internet I  now have Satellite internet it is much fast than what I had before but I am only having trouble with WU I have had trouble before but nothing lke this going to email them tomorrow and see what they have to say.thanks
Cheers  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 03:09:46 PM »
 Let us know if they respond.
Blick