Author Topic: What are your end-of-month climate statistics according to WeatherCat?  (Read 70857 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Well, it is only where the yellow circle is instead of the red circle where it is supposed to be.

Do you have plans to move it to the red circle location or are you getting too senior citizeny to risk the roof?
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2

Do you have plans to move it to the red circle location or are you getting too senior citizeny to risk the roof?

Hey, I resemble that remark!!;)

Yep, there are plans. Now that it's warming up, my future son-in-law is going to help. He's a mechanical engineer, so should be able to figure out how to replace the current anemometer.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

xairbusdriver

• Storm
My anemometer is mounted on a tall pole attached to the side of my house. However, it uses a separate transmitter that is accessible via an upstairs window. ThU5:-) Otherwise, your image is almost an exact duplicate of where the main ISS is; surrounded by trees! [banghead]

As long as the window doesn't fall out, I won't either and I can swap batteries easily. ThU32:-) But "the day" is coming... [rolleyes2]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
My anemometer is mounted on a tall pole attached to the side of my house. However, it uses a separate transmitter that is accessible via an upstairs window.

Yep, I have the separate anemometer transmitter, too, attached to the back of the house at ground level. The ISS isn't in the yellow circle location. That's just where the bird feeders are, and as far as the wire would reach. The ISS (as well as the separate soil station transmitter) are in the blue circle, at the edge of the garden, but still over turf as recommended. The anemometer can be seen on the roof, and is at 10 meters as recommended.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

xairbusdriver

• Storm
How well do you get along with your neighbor?! Looks like he might have lots of tree-free area in his front yard!!  ThU5:-) cmu:-) By the way, I do NOT recommend a 12/12 pitch roof for anemometer mountings. [banghead] [coffee]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Just so you people know it's not blue sky and green everywhere, here is what it looks like outside my home this morning.
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
Sure looks like some puffy clouds in a blue sky and where I come from, those "Christmas trees" are evergreens! Are those others Aspen or Birch or something else? Personally, I think your area is beautiful... to visit, anyway! [lol] Not sure about shoveling that white stuff, however! But I think you have solved that problem, on the driveway, at least. Just hope you are friends with the snow plow drivers! [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
May was...
   Warmer than average (62.86°F versus an average of 60.70)
   Wetter than average (4.16 in versus an average total of 3.68)
   Windier than average (a wind run of 2,575 miles versus an average of 2,225)
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

xairbusdriver

• Storm
May was...
   Warmer than average (71.82°F versus an average of 70.25)
   Wetter than average (5.76 in versus an average total of 4.14)
   Calmer than average (a wind run of 378 miles versus an average of 821)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks Steve, and X-Air for your climate reports!

Here is the report from the San Francisco East Bay as usual via WeatherCatRCP:

Sadly, the statistics more or less tell the whole story . . . . . .

Oh well, . . . . . Edouard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
May was...
     Cooler than average (43.19°F versus an average of 45.58)
     Wetter than average (2.65 in versus an average total of 2.21)
     Windier than average (a wind run of 3,524 miles versus an average of 3,192)
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
June was...
   Warmer than average (70.57°F versus an average of 69.34)
   Drier than average (2.82 in versus an average total of 3.56)
   Calmer than average (a wind run of 655 miles versus an average of 1,608)

The wind run is low because 1) the anemometer is still on the bird feeder post, and 2) the trees around the anemometer transmitter have grown and blocked the sun, so I'm always getting low battery or just no signal at all.

I'm considering just moving the anemometer to the ISS, storing the anemometer transmitter, and ignoring the 10 Meter recommendation.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

xairbusdriver

• Storm
June was...
   Warmer than average (78.38°F versus an average of 77.30)
   Drier than average (1.18 in versus an average total of 5.20)
   Calmer than average (a wind run of 164 miles versus an average of 706)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
From high on the eastern edge of the Uinta Mountains in Utah:

June was...
   Cooler than average (56.93°F versus an average of 57.82)
   Wetter than average (1.11 in versus an average total of 0.99)
   Windier than average (a wind run of 3,345 miles versus an average of 3,127)
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
The wind run is low because 1) the anemometer is still on the bird feeder post, and 2) the trees around the anemometer transmitter have grown and blocked the sun, so I'm always getting low battery or just no signal at all.

I'm considering just moving the anemometer to the ISS, storing the anemometer transmitter, and ignoring the 10 Meter recommendation.

Do it. It's a simple solution for the capacitor to be reloaded each day.
Blick