Author Topic: iOS Client unable to connect after weak WiFi  (Read 10 times)

David

• Calm
    • EW8863
    • KMDGLENB25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
iOS Client unable to connect after weak WiFi
« on: Yesterday at 01:41:09 PM »
I’m experiencing a bug that occurs after I unsuccessfully connect to my local host. e.g.
I try to connect too early during/after a WeatherCat restart, my phone’s connection to my WiFi is too weak.

After the failure to connect I wait and restart the app, but it doesn’t matter how long I wait (hours) or how many times I restart the app, I am unable to connect to localhost.

The only way I am able to fix this is by connecting to a remote server (trixology or disable my WiFi and use LTE to connect to my WeatherCat server). After this successful connection, I enable wifi, connect to my closest AP, and then switch back to my localhost, which it finds immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grand Poohbah

• Strong Breeze
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
Re: iOS Client unable to connect after weak WiFi
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 06:27:12 PM »
I’m experiencing a bug that occurs after I unsuccessfully connect to my local host. e.g.
I try to connect too early during/after a WeatherCat restart, my phone’s connection to my WiFi is too weak.

After the failure to connect I wait and restart the app, but it doesn’t matter how long I wait (hours) or how many times I restart the app, I am unable to connect to localhost.

The only way I am able to fix this is by connecting to a remote server (trixology or disable my WiFi and use LTE to connect to my WeatherCat server). After this successful connection, I enable wifi, connect to my closest AP, and then switch back to my localhost, which it finds immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can the benevolent overseers kindly move this to the About WeatherCatRCP 1.0 topic?