Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222206 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #555 on: August 03, 2018, 05:25:09 AM »
yes Mark they are  great I have them listed on my weather page just not the latest version

Randall, you are running version 2.5.18, which is so old school, whilst I am running 2.7.1, with benefits of many cutting edge improvements, such as:
  • The gauges scale more accurately
  • The Wind Rose gauge now has a label on the odometer so you can tell you are looking at miles (of wind run)
  • The Solar gauge now has a sector to record 'sun is shining'
  • The js files are now more http/https friendly
  • The gauges now support JQuery version to 3.2.1 in place of the obsolete 1.11
  • The Internai Temperature gauge now displays min and max temperatures and time they occurred
  • It is now much simpler to change the Indoor Temperature or Humidity gauge to display the data from an additional temp/hum sensor
  • The gauges are newer and shinier so your wife will more easily appreciate all the time you spend updating them
Update your files, brother; you'll be glad you did.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #556 on: August 06, 2018, 04:20:10 PM »
Update your files, brother; you'll be glad you did.

Signed!  :D
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #557 on: February 23, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »
Mark:

I am running version 2.7.3 but the gauges themselves display the version as 2.7.2.

I have checked the string variable in gauges.js and it looks like this:
Code: [Select]
scriptVer          : '2.7.3',
the code in gauges-ss-basic for displaying the version at the bottom of the gauges looks like this:
Scripts: Mark Crossley - version <span id="scriptVer"></span><br>
I have cleared the cache in Safari but that did not fix it. Same issue in Chrome. What do I need to do to display the correct version?
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #558 on: March 02, 2019, 01:25:16 PM »
John, when I look at the script on your server I see 2.7.2 ?
https://timberlakesutah.com/wp-content/uploads/Weather/SteelSeries/scripts/gauges.js
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #559 on: March 02, 2019, 07:10:10 PM »
Hahahaha. You are correct, my friend. What I have learned from this is that it is not enough simply to edit the correct .js file; you also have to manage to upload it to the appropriate directory in order for it to have any impact on the steelseries gauges. Thank you for your patience and assistance with fixing my "problem."
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2019, 08:13:40 PM »
We've all done similar things. [banghead]
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #561 on: March 03, 2019, 06:56:52 AM »
Blick: At least you showed me that there is an updated version available - I sticked on 2.7.1 and now I am on the very latest version, too. Thank you, Sir.  ThU5:-)
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #562 on: March 03, 2019, 06:59:28 AM »
Hahaha. Well, at least I helped someone.
Blick

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #563 on: November 16, 2019, 03:03:14 AM »
Hi Mark and the rest of the SteelSeries user.

Today, I upgraded from SteelSeries 2.5or6.something to 2.7.3 And, of course, I broke it... I compared my file structure to John's, and they are identical, as are the parameters. But my gauges don't show any data. Do you guys see anything missing? Thanks for taking a peek.

Steve

http://www.avon-weather.com/steel/ (live.htm is the same as the basic.htm page, but with my menu and footer added.)

scriptVer          : '2.7.3',
            weatherProgram     : 3,                      // Set 0=Cumulus, 1=Weather Display, 2=VWS, 3=WeatherCat, 4=Meteobridge, 5=WView, 6=WeeWX, 7=WLCOM
            imgPathURL         : '../',            // *** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images
            oldGauges          : 'gauges.htm',           // *** Change this to the relative path for your 'old' gauges page.
            realtimeInterval   : 30,                     // *** Download data interval, set to your realtime data update interval in seconds
            longPoll           : false,                  // if enabled, use long polling and PHP generated data !!only enable if you understand how this is implemented!!
            gaugeMobileScaling : 0.85,                   // scaling factor to apply when displaying the gauges mobile devices, set to 1 to disable (default 0.85)
            graphUpdateTime    : 15,                     // period of pop-up data graph refresh, in minutes (default 15)
            stationTimeout     : 3,                      // period of no data change before we declare the station off-line, in minutes (default 3)
            pageUpdateLimit    : 20,                     // period after which the page stops automatically updating, in minutes (default 20),
                                                         // - set to 0 (zero) to disable this feature
            pageUpdatePswd     : 'its-me',               // password to over ride the page updates time-out, do not set to blank even if you do not use a password - http://<URL>&pageUpdate=its-me
            digitalFont        : false,                  // Font control for the gauges & timer
            digitalForecast    : false,                  // Font control for the status display, set this to false for languages that use accented characters in the forecasts
            showPopupData      : true,                   // Pop-up data displayed
            showPopupGraphs    : true,                   // If pop-up data is displayed, show the graphs?
            mobileShowGraphs   : false,                  // If false, on a mobile/narrow display, always disable the graphs
            showWindVariation  : true,                   // Show variation in wind direction over the last 10 minutes on the direction gauge
            showWindMetar      : false,                  // Show the METAR substring for wind speed/direction over the last 10 minutes on the direction gauge popup
            showIndoorTempHum  : false,                   // Show the indoor temperature/humidity options
            showCloudGauge     : true,                   // Display the Cloud Base gauge
            showUvGauge        : true,                   // Display the UV Index gauge
            showSolarGauge     : true,                   // Display the Solar gauge
            showSunshineLed    : true,                   // Show 'sun shining now' LED on solar gauge
            showRoseGauge      : true,                   // Show the optional Wind Rose gauge
            showRoseGaugeOdo   : false,                   // Show the optional Wind Rose gauge wind run Odometer
            showRoseOnDirGauge : true,                   // Show the rose data as sectors on the direction gauge
            showGaugeShadow    : true,                   // Show a drop shadow outside the gauges
            roundCloudbaseVal  : true,                   // Round the value shown on the cloud base gauge to make it easier to read
                                                         // The realtime files should be absolute paths, "/xxx.txt" refers to the public root of your web server
            realTimeUrlLongPoll: 'realtimegauges-longpoll.php',     // *** ALL Users: If using long polling, change to your location of the PHP long poll realtime file ***
                                                                    // *** the supplied file is for Cumulus only
            realTimeUrlCumulus : 'realtimegauges.txt',     // *** Cumulus Users: Change to your location of the realtime file ***
            realTimeUrlWD      : 'customclientraw.txt',    // *** WD Users: Change to your location of the ccr file ***
            realTimeUrlVWS     : 'steelseriesVWSjson.php', // *** VWS Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
            realTimeUrlWC      : '../realtimegaugesWC.txt',   // *** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
            realTimeUrlMB      : 'MBrealtimegauges.txt',   // *** Meteobridge Users: Change to the location of the JSON file
            realTimeUrlWView   : 'customclientraw.txt',    // *** WView Users: Change to your location of the customclientraw.txt file ***
            realTimeUrlWeewx   : 'gauge-data.txt',         // *** WeeWX Users: Change to your location of the gauge data file ***
            realTimeUrlWLCOM   : 'WLrealtimegauges.php',   // *** WLCOM Users: change to location of WLCOMtags.php file ***
            useCookies         : true,                   // Persistently store user preferences in a cookie?
            tipImages          : [],
            dashboardMode      : false,                  // Used by Cumulus MX dashboard - SET TO FALSE OTHERWISE
            dewDisplayType     : 'app'                   // Initial 'scale' to display on the 'dew point' gauge.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #564 on: November 19, 2019, 11:15:59 PM »
Hmmm, I don't know why, but when I checked today (the first time since messing with it on Friday) it is working fine. Another of those mysterious "fixed itself" occurrences...
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #565 on: November 20, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »
Browser had a stale cache that got refreshed?
Mark

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #566 on: November 20, 2019, 03:52:56 PM »
Browser had a stale cache that got refreshed?

Must have been. Looks great! Thanks for your continued support.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #567 on: November 21, 2019, 07:12:56 PM »
I love it when a WeatherCatter solves a problem by doing nothing. Nice work, Steve.

I echo your appreciation to Mark for his continued support of WeatherCat for the SteelSeries Gauges. Brilliant set of gauges!
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #568 on: January 22, 2020, 04:14:48 PM »
Mark:

When I recently changed computers I lost the custom logo on my Cloudbase Gauge. I have been unable to figure out why. I would sure appreciate you taking a look for me when you have a few minutes. Thank you.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #569 on: January 22, 2020, 05:07:02 PM »
I see background image - did you fix it?

Mark