Author Topic: Weather34 template  (Read 11183 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Weather34 template
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 01:01:48 AM »
Not sure I understand your predicament. Does the Template you use and all it?s files not reside on you local drive(s)?
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 03:18:06 AM »
I downloaded a backup copy of all the software on my Website to a local drive for safe keeping.  I downloaded the updated files based on date from the Saratoga web site so I have files to replace/repair as suggested by saratogaWX.  All I have time for tonight.

Thanks for the help and patience.  Hopefully I can make the updates described by saratogaWX later this week/weekend.

Thanks again everyone.  You're a great bunch.

NoWait

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 07:15:27 PM »
downloaded a backup copy of all the software on my Website to a local drive for safe keeping.
And I must assume (hope) you have at least two external drives for backups. One for Time Machine and one for Carbon Copy Cloner or maybe Super Duper. Whatever is on your web space is purely secondary and not to be counted on, in my humble opinion. We have two other computers in the house and they all have copies of my web site and they also have external back up drives connected to them. ThU5:-) You can't have too many backups! [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 08:52:56 PM »
Backups are crucial.  I'm also saving my pennies for a new iMac :)  I currently have a mac mini (Late 2009) running my WeatherCat site.

Thanks for the pep talk. :)

NoWait

nowait

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2019, 10:04:46 PM »
So I've recovered 97% or better of my website.  I really seem to have just 1 item left to repair.
It is the :"unable to load KOFF data RC=302 Object Moved" error that shows up in the "Summary/Temperature section" on the main webpage....

Can someone point me in the right way?

Thanks,

NoWait

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2019, 03:41:32 AM »
So I've recovered 97% or better of my website.  I really seem to have just 1 item left to repair.
It is the :"unable to load KOFF data RC=302 Object Moved" error that shows up in the "Summary/Temperature section" on the main webpage....

Can someone point me in the right way?

Thanks,

NoWait
A bit off topic.. your site is not a weather34-based one, it's a Saratoga template.  But.. run check-fetch-times.php?show=versions on your site.. you have multiple scripts that need updating, including the get-metar-conditions-inc.php which would support the new https-only access to tgftp.nws.noaa.gov that went into effect last week.
Do the updates.. you'll be happier :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP