Author Topic: Satellite Imagery Problem  (Read 70 times)

McQ

• Calm
  • Christian, cyclist, ham (kf7mcq), married
    • EW3031
    • KAZSUNCI27
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Cat, '13 iMac
Satellite Imagery Problem
« on: December 01, 2018, 02:37:14 PM »
Since the upgrade to 3.0.3 my satellite imagery window shows a test pattern in all three windows. Periodically, it will blink to a satellite image, but immediately (0.5 seconds or so) returns to the test pattern. Right now, channel 1 is blinking in and out at about once/second.
I've fiddled with the preference settings, but am obviously missing something.
Thanks,
Fran
Cogito, ergo armatum sum
Sun City West Sheriff's Posse

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.13.4/WC 3.0
Re: Satellite Imagery Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »
I assume you are speaking of the settings in WC->Prefs->Imagery. If so, what do you get if you copy the settings (the url) in the different channels and then paste that url into a browser URL/location text box?

Perhaps you could report the url's you have in those three Channels? I think mine are the defaults:
Right now, channel 1 is blinking in and out at about once/second.
Is that "blinking" in the Preview or your site? What is the rate at which WC is updating it's reports/tags? I have WC set to update data every 2 minutes and that's how often I see a blinking.

I don't use that function, so I don't know how WC uses the images, but if you are using a third-party Template, you may want to check the settings in that area, also.