Author Topic: WeatherCat Version 3.0.3 Now Available  (Read 834 times)

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro-2 Plus with FARS, Leaf & Soil Moisture/Temp Sta + WeatherLink IP. Two prototype Sharx 3905 HD wide-angle webcams and one production model 3905, all using EvoCam v5.0. WeatherCat 3.03, macOS 10.14.2 Beta Build 18C38b (Mojave).
Re: WeatherCat Version 3.0.3 Now Available
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 01:37:56 AM »
Thanks to Edouard for the heavy lifting. I think this is about the cheapst you’ll find the 6555 but by the time you add in the ridiculous S&H, I suspect you can do better with a good internet search.

https://www.provantage.com/davis-instruments-6555~7DAVS05J.htm

The only thing you’ll need out of the box will be the logger, running the software requires Windows. Plug in to the console and the other end into your router or router extender via as long of a cable as required as long as it has a free Ethernet port. Or an Ethernet hub as Edouard mentioned.

Once ordered, we’ll go over configuring WC properly (or you can read the manual or the WC Wiki). And why you’ll need an IP scanner (the free LanScan works just fine) to eliminate any guessing about identifying the station’s address which WC will need.

Since you’re already familiar with WC, you know what your upload options are.

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • EW7118
    • KTXLEWIS26
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Soil Temp/Moist
Re: WeatherCat Version 3.0.3 Now Available
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 08:39:10 PM »
I would buy the Meteobridge Nano instead of the WiFi unit mentioned earlier in the thread. My 0.02¢.
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, MacBook Pro (Early 2011), macOS 10.13.6, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for the reminder. (Re: WeatherCat Version 3.0.3)
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 10:30:03 PM »
Dear DFW and WeatherCat gadget cataloguers

I would buy the Meteobridge Nano instead of the WiFi unit mentioned earlier in the thread. My 0.02¢.

Thanks for the reminder!  [tup] I just plain forgot about that option.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S.  So did you decide to buy one and try it out?  I always prefer to know that a product works with WeatherCat before recommending it to any other WeatherCat user.