Author Topic: Welcome to Autumn 2018  (Read 380 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Utah
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP™ Data Logger | iMac (late 2013), 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 24 GB RAM, macOS High Sierra | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | Supportive Wife
Re: Welcome to Autumn 2018
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 01:46:01 AM »
Normally, when you get precipitation in Orinda, we get it here the next day. But these storms we are experiencing now came up from the southwest and as a result of the lingering Hurricane Rosa.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, MacBook Pro (Early 2011), macOS 10.13.6, WeatherCat 3
But of course!! (Re: Welcome to Autumn 2018)
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2018, 09:42:33 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat  ;) logistics experts, . . . . .

Normally, when you get precipitation in Orinda, we get it here the next day.

[wink] . . . . . But of course!  That's because I ship the rain to you via next day air!! .  . . . .  lol(1)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, MacBook Pro (Early 2011), macOS 10.13.6, WeatherCat 3
An exception to the current trend. (Re: Welcome to Autumn 2018)
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 11:47:33 PM »
Dear WeatherCat observers of the season's turning,

Northern California fell significantly short of normal rainfall last Winter.  However, the effects of this aren't completely realized until the end of Summer.  Trees "in the wild" suffer from insufficient water and lose their leaves much more quickly - before there is a chance for them to change color.  California has never been known for great Autumn displays but this year is especially bad.  Still, I observed this tree putting on a decent display:

Thus far in Northern California: October days have been hot, the fire threats very real, and Autumn weather remains a promise thus far not delivered.

Such are da' conditions that prevail,
. . . . . .

Edouard