Author Topic: Weather Cat won't connect to New Envoy  (Read 88 times)

allyenw@gmail.com

• Calm
    • cw8926
    • kcodenve36
  • Station Details: Lakewood, CO USA Vantage Pro 2
Weather Cat won't connect to New Envoy
« on: July 27, 2018, 03:57:25 AM »
Hello,

I have used WC for many years. Finally got a new Envoy to try to correct my out of calibration barometer. Got the new Envoy set up with WeatherLink on PC. Weatherlink successfully starts recording data. I move the Envoy to my Mac (OSX High Sierra). WC doesn't update with current weather.

Log keeps saying something like "can't downlaod data will retry in 30 seconds." I tried resetting station comms and when I select Vantage Pro 2 it shows the comms port as "/dev/cu.bluetooth-Incoming-Port" It won't let me select another port.

I did not change anything on the Mac, just swapped Envoys.

Thank you for your help,
Allyen

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, MacBook Pro (Early 2011)
Try updating your driver (Re: Weather Cat won't connect to New Envoy )
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 11:21:51 PM »
Dear Allyen and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Since this is your first post on the WeatherCat forum let me first welcome you to the forum! . . . .

I have used WC for many years. Finally got a new Envoy to try to correct my out of calibration barometer. Got the new Envoy set up with WeatherLink on PC. Weatherlink successfully starts recording data. I move the Envoy to my Mac (OSX High Sierra). WC doesn't update with current weather.

Log keeps saying something like "can't downlaod data will retry in 30 seconds." I tried resetting station comms and when I select Vantage Pro 2 it shows the comms port as "/dev/cu.bluetooth-Incoming-Port" It won't let me select another port.

Your problems suggest to me that your driver to connect to Davis data logger might be out of date.  We have troubleshooting information for the Davis stations on the WeatherCat Wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Davis

Included there is the current location where you can download the latest drivers.  At the moment this link will take you to the current driver for Macs:

https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

You will need to scroll down past all the Windows drivers to reach the Mac drivers.

Try updating that and see if that solves your problem.

Do let us know what you discover.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]