Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180405) for iOS Beta  (Read 2378 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180405) for iOS Beta
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:10:47 PM »
What's New in WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180405)

The update of the Report screen has been changed to eliminate an intermittent and infrequent crash bug.

Do an update install. A clean install is optional and will install the default Reports.
Download this release from TestFlight. The TestFlight release will expire on the 4th of July.

What To Test

Test the Reports.
This is (hopefully) the release that will be available for purchase from the Apple App Store.

Try This Release

To try this release, do the following steps:

1. Install WeatherCat 3 on your computer.
2. Send the following information to grand@poohbah.com
- Your first and last name
- Your username on this Forum
- The email address associated with your iPhone
- The model of your iPhone (SE, 5, 6, 6s, 6+, etc.)
- The model of your Apple Watch (1st generation, Series 1, Series 2, or Series 3)
3. Download TestFlight from the Apple App Store and install it on your iPhone.
You will receive a notification from TestFlight when the WeatherCatRCP Beta build is available.
The first notification may several days to arrive. Later notifications will occur immediately after each Beta release.
Each release notification will give the Forum Topic to be used for comments on the release. Please use that Topic for your comments of that release.

More information about the WeatherCatRCP Beta can be found at http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2690.0

Please use this thread for your feedback and comments.

PaSun

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180405) for iOS Beta
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 09:31:58 PM »
Grand,

I installed without problems on IOS 11.3 while connected to my local wifi network. All looked good. Then I disconnected from my wifi (turned off the iPhone wifi) and force closed WC RCP. Launched WC RCP again to see how reports loaded when not connected to wifi. The splash screen appeared and immediately disappeared and WC RCP app closed. I've tried many times to re-launch WC  RCP with the same result. I then deleted WC RCP and re-installed, again without problems when connected to wifi. I re-installed my server address and WC RCP connected, albeit slowly due to the low cell strength. Reports loaded fine, but of course were now the default reports.

Other than the glitch, all looks good.

~Paul

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Looks good on iPhone 6 (Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180405) for iOS Beta)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 11:30:12 PM »
Dear Grand, Paul, and WeatherCat iOS Beta testers,

What's New in WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180405)

The update of the Report screen has been changed to eliminate an intermittent and infrequent crash bug.

. . . .

What To Test

Test the Reports.

Update finally went smoothly in TestFlight.  Our WiFi access point died recently, perhaps the previous problems were due to the hardware suffering a slow death.

I checked all my reports and all work as expected.

Thanks Grand for your hard work on this! . . .   [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.0 (180405) for iOS Beta
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 08:31:23 AM »
Installed on iOS 11.3. Encountered no problems on iPhone 8+.
Blick