Author Topic: Barometer Display  (Read 8749 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
If so, then something of a bug. (Re: Barometer Display)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 08:27:41 PM »
Hi Steve,

Hmmmm, . . . . . . .  

I'm not sure where the idea that some units need adjustment because of a sensor problem originated. I understood that *all* Envoys need their barometric pressure set, since there is nowhere to set their elevation. Setting the elevation on the Console sets the barometric pressure on them, but an Envoy doesn't know if you are at sea level in Florida or 10,000 feet in the Rockies.

Of course, it has been 18 months since I set my Envoy, so I could be mis-remembering. Set me straight?

If you are correct, than this is another one of those "inconvenient truths" for Davis.  If you should enter the elevation into your Weather Envoy to make this correction, there doesn't appear to be any way to do it.  Also the manual doesn't mention any special adjustment required for barometric pressure.  If all Envoys needed this adjustment, shouldn't it be mentioned in the manual?

Trouble is, that I think you are on the mark, that is the most natural explanation.  Could you perhaps post a question WXforum about it?  I would be very interested to find out the answer to this one!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]