Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222273 times)

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2013, 09:06:42 AM »
Hi Mark,
thanks for the update and your hard work to provide us WeatherCat users with your impressive gauges. Update was no problem. One thing I noticed is that the counter (I set it to reload every 30 sec) is showing a 10 very short after going to zero, but then counts down from 29 again. It is only cosmetically, maybe I am missing a setting somewhere? Attached a movie that shows the behavior.
Cheers,
Reinhard
Sorry, I thought I'd answered this (I think the same question may have been asked elsewhere).
The 10 secs that flashes up is the download timeout, so every time the script starts to download a fresh copy of the data file, it starts counting down from 10 seconds, if it reaches zero, it will cancel the download and try again. In normal running with a healthy web site the response comes back within a second, so you see the 10 secs flash up briefly, then after receiving the data the countdown is reset to the page refresh time.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:09 AM »
Thanks for explanation, Mark!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Toremann

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: at the moment at WS2080 testing out on a imac
« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2013, 08:07:06 AM »
Hello sir

I am not able to get my popup to update as they shoul, i have used FTP to upplade to root on website, but they dont update.
I have try to sett al parameters as shown but whit no luck

One more question: should gauges.js also be transfered to website by FTP?

my site is: http://spilderdalen.com

Any tip for me?

Best regards
Tore

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2013, 11:11:56 AM »
hi

all is explain here : http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges

just realtimegaugesWC.txt is transfered by ftp every x seconds

cheers
jean frederic

Toremann

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #169 on: April 23, 2013, 12:10:27 PM »
Hello sir
Thank you for your replay, but its not updating the popup pictures

This is my setup:

var gauges = (function () {
    var strings = LANG.NO,         //Set to your default language. Store all the strings in one object
        config = {
            // Script configuration parameters you may want to 'tweak'
            scriptVer         : '2.3.0 - 2013-03-20',
            weatherProgram    : 3,                      //Set 0=Cumulus, 1=Weather Display, 2=VWS, 3=WeatherCat, 4=Meteobridge
            imgPathURL        : './',             //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images
            oldGauges         : 'gauges.htm',           //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'old' gauges page.
            counter           : 10,                     //download data counter (secs, default 60)
            gaugeMobileScaling: 0.85,                   //scaling factor to apply when displaying the gauges mobile devices, set to 1 to disable
            graphUpdateTime   : 15,                     //period of popup data graph refesh, in minutes (default 15)
            stationTimeout    : 3,                      //period of no data change before we declare the station offline, in minutes (default 3)
            pageUpdateLimit   : 20,                     //period after which the page stops automatically updating, in minutes (default 20),
                                                        // - set to 0 (zero) to disable this feature
            pageUpdatePswd    : 'its-me',               //password to over ride the page updates timeout, do not set to blank even if you do not use a password
            digitalFont       : true,                   //Font control for the gauges & timer
            digitalForecast   : true,                   //Font control for the status display, set this to false for languages that use accented characters in the forecasts
            showPopupData     : true,                   //Popup data displayed
            showPopupGraphs   : true,                   //If popup data is displayed, show the graphs?
            showWindVariation : true,                   //Show variation in wind direction over the last 10 minutes on the direction gauge
            showIndoorTempHum : true,                   //Show the indoor temperature/humidity options
            showUvGauge       : true,                   //Display the UV Index gauge
            showSolarGauge    : true,                   //Display the Solar gauge
            showRoseGauge     : true,                   //Show the optional Wind Rose gauge
            showRoseGaugeOdo  : true,                   //Show the optional Wind Rose gauge Windrun Odometer
            showGaugeShadow   : true,                   //Show a drop shadow outside the gauges
                                                        // The realtime files should be absolute paths, "/xxx.txt" refers to the public root of your web server
            realTimeURL_Cumulus: 'realtimegauges.txt',     //*** Cumulus Users: Change to your location of the realtime file ***
            realTimeURL_WD     : 'customclientraw.txt',    //*** WD Users: Change to your location of the ccr file ***
            realTimeURL_VWS    : 'steelseriesVWSjson.php', //*** VWS Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
            realTimeURL_WC     : 'realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***
            realTimeURL_MB     : 'MBrealtimegauges.txt',   //*** Meteobridge Users: Change to the location of the JSON file
            useCookies        : true,                   //Persistently store user preferences in a cookie?
            tipImages         : [],
            dewDisplayType    : 'app'                   //Initial 'scale' to display  'dew' - Dewpoint
                                                        // on the 'dewpoint' gauge.   'app' - Apparent temperature
                                                        //                            'wnd' - Wind Chill
                                                        //                            'hea' - Heat Index
                                                        //                            'hum' - Humidex
Can you finde any wrong in this config?

Best Regards
Tore

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2013, 01:08:20 PM »
hi

do you have create a folder for example "gauges" for all the files from steel série gauges ?
the realtimegaugesWC.txt is in the root of your web site?

if yes :

realTimeURL_WC     : 'realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***

change to

realTimeURL_WC     : '/realtimegaugesWC.txt',   //*** WeatherCat Users: Change to your location of the JSON script generator ***

cheers

Toremann

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
Hello sir

No i have all my files at ROOT level at my server.

I have also set 777 as security to all my files there

I cant understand why the curves do no update

BR

Tore

you can see my weathercat setup under

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2013, 01:24:16 PM »
hi

the curve update but every 60s

in weathercat setup not every 10mn but for example 0,5s the realtimegaugesWC.txt in aditionnal file

cheers

Toremann

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
I have change to every 10 sec now

But i wander!! You say that realtimegaugesWC.txt is the only file that is been uploaded to server.

How could the curves been updated as log as they are jpg pictures?

Perhaps i need to set up a FTP transfer of all the .jpg files that is used om my site??

Sorry for bother you its most appreciated that you take your time to help me out  :)

Tore

Toremann

• Gentle Breeze
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »
Still not work

Any ideas friends :)

Best Regards Tore

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »
Not sure about your image problems, but WC does not seem to be providing a wind gust speed?

data.wgust = "N/A"

which is causing the script to error as it is expecting a number and then fails to update many of the gauges.

I'm not sure what the cause of this may be?
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2013, 04:20:51 PM »
Another thing I noticed, Tore:
Code: [Select]
imgPathURL        : './',should read
imgPathURL        : '/',without the dot.

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »
Another one:
realTimeURL_WC     : 'realtimegaugesWC.txt',should read
realTimeURL_WC     : '/realtimegaugesWC.txt',
Cheers,
Reinhard

Update: Oh, jf-i2r has mentioned this before...  :-[
Reinhard

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »
hi

i think it will be more easy to install the Steel serie gauges llike the "wiki" : http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges

All the files for the gauges are or will be in the top level (root) of the website (option 1)
After following these setup instructions, you should be able to access the gauges by going to http://www.yourpage.com/gauges-ss-basic.htm
Once you have downloaded the zip file from http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSeries_Gauges, extract all the files from the zip file (retaining the folder structure)
You should now have created a folder called gauges-ss-vX-X-X (where X-X-X represents the version of SS-Gauges)

cheers
jean frederic

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2013, 06:34:52 PM »
my site is: http://spilderdalen.com

Any tip for me?

Seems to work now, except the Windrun: 116232,00 km today - heavy storm, isn't it?

;)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard