Author Topic: Nathan from WeatherBug is Aboard  (Read 6008 times)

parkernathan

• Gentle Breeze
    • WeatherTogether
Nathan from WeatherBug is Aboard
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »
It's Nathan from WeatherBug. I've joined the site so I could test out Edouard's AppleScript and WeatherCat, as well as directly answer any WeatherBug-related questions you might have!

Thanks!
Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at: http://weathertogether.net

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Nathan from WeatherBug is Aboard
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum Nathan!

Cheers,
Stu.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome Nathan!! (Re: Nathan from WeatherBug)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
Hello Nathan and Welcome!!

It's Nathan from WeatherBug. I've joined the site so I could test out Edouard's AppleScript and WeatherCat, as well as directly answer any WeatherBug-related questions you might have!

Glad you were able to get yourself connected!!

Let me know if you have any problem with the AppleScript end of things.  As I mentioned, I'm working on improvements right now, but the current version "on the street" has been working well for a number of folks around here for months.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »
Welcome on over at the Mac side of the weather world, Nathan!

Steve (smorris at wxforum and weather-watch)
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

parkernathan

• Gentle Breeze
    • WeatherTogether
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes, guys! As a big time Mac user myself, I can't wait to test the software. My main goal is to shoot a screencast we can put on our site and show people how to send weather data to us using WeatherCat (I'll be doing it with the other publishing apps as well). When I have it done, I'll post a link here too just in case Stu or Eduoard want to link it somewhere. I also just like testing weather station apps and seeing firsthand our people are using them! :-)

Sounds good about the script, Edouard. I've got it downloaded and will install it soon. What folder do I need to put it in? I glanced at WC and I think I'm supposed to put it in the scripts folder? I need to spend more time and read through the instructions, but I think I'm on the right path.

Thanks!
Nathan Parker

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Old script needs its old location. (Re: Nathan)
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 11:56:16 PM »
Hi Nathan and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Sounds good about the script, Edouard. I've got it downloaded and will install it soon. What folder do I need to put it in? I glanced at WC and I think I'm supposed to put it in the scripts folder? I need to spend more time and read through the instructions, but I think I'm on the right path.

Unfortunately, the script is very fussy about where it is located right now.  You'll need to follow the instructions, but the location is:

~/Library/Scripts/LWC Scripts

You may need to make the Library folder visible if you are running OS-10.7 (Lion).  There are instructions on how to do that at this webpage: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/2011/07/installing-applescripts-under-os-x-lion/.

I'm trying to get the next revision of these AppleScripts ready for some private beta testing this very instant.  They will eliminate a lot of this sort of tedium.

parkernathan

• Gentle Breeze
    • WeatherTogether
Re: Old script needs its old location. (Re: Nathan)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:34:11 AM »
Hi Nathan and WeatherCat fans,  [cat]

Unfortunately, the script is very fussy about where it is located right now.  You'll need to follow the instructions, but the location is:

~/Library/Scripts/LWC Scripts

You may need to make the Library folder visible if you are running OS-10.7 (Lion).  There are instructions on how to do that at this webpage: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/2011/07/installing-applescripts-under-os-x-lion/.

I'm trying to get the next revision of these AppleScripts ready for some private beta testing this very instant.  They will eliminate a lot of this sort of tedium.

Got it. As an ultimate Mac Geek who's even played around with Terminal and wiped clean countless Macs, I keep my personal Library folder in Lion easy to get to. I'm always poking around in it. :-)
Nathan Parker

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Then you'll have no problems! (Re: Old script needs its old location.)
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 07:20:40 PM »
Hi Nathan and WeatherCat AppleScript tinkerers,

Got it. As an ultimate Mac Geek who's even played around with Terminal and wiped clean countless Macs, I keep my personal Library folder in Lion easy to get to. I'm always poking around in it. :-)

In that case, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting my AppleScript to work.  My current goal is to make them more accessible to folks who are used to Macs as . . . . . ya' know - user-friendly!!

parkernathan

• Gentle Breeze
    • WeatherTogether
Hi Nathan and WeatherCat AppleScript tinkerers,

In that case, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting my AppleScript to work.  My current goal is to make them more accessible to folks who are used to Macs as . . . . . ya' know - user-friendly!!

Yeah, I've done a lot with AppleScripts and Automator, so it should flow naturally for me, but making it user friendly is always nice! Once I get a video screencast together as well that'll help. People love seeing how to do all of this in action! :-)
Nathan Parker