Author Topic: SteelSeries Gauges version 2.5.4  (Read 34028 times)

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: SteelSeries Gauges version 2.5.4
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 08:18:24 PM »
Hi Reinhard
 After my last posting I went back and downloaded it again and redone everything and now after about 5 hours I have it working thanks for your post was just about to give up never had problems before with the Steel Gauges

CHEERS  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 10:08:39 PM »
Randall:

I just took a look at your gauges and you still have two minor issues you need to correct.
  • The 2.5.4 download has an error in guages.js around line 280. This is where the graph is defined for what pops up when you hover your mouse over the cloudbase gauge. It currently calls for the pressure1.jpg. Replace pressure1.jpg with cloudbase1.jpg and the proper graph will pop up.
  • This line at the bottom of your gauges page has two typos: It is use to compare weather data to other PWS, NOAA and NWS reporting stations in area. I think you intended to say this: It is used to compare weather data to other PWS, NOAA and NWS reporting stations in the area.

I like Mark's improvements. The yellow LED on the solar gauge when the sun is shining is very cool.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 10:35:11 PM »
Mark:

I hope you don't mind if I pose another question.

In order for the "sun is shining" LED on the Solar gauge to turn on, do both of the criterion in Line 101 and 102 (gauges.js) have to met or is it one of the two have to be met?

See attached.

Thanks.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 10:51:42 PM »
Hi Blick
 Thanks I'll get it corrected

cheers [cheers1]

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »
Mark:

I hope you don't mind if I pose another question.

In order for the "sun is shining" LED on the Solar gauge to turn on, do both of the criterion in Line 101 and 102 (gauges.js) have to met or is it one of the two have to be met?

See attached.

Thanks.
Both have to be met.

The 'Threshold' is to stop the attempt at sunshine detection when the readings are very low near dawn/dusk - very often the sensors read higher than expected at this time due to the cosine response not being totally accurate, and atmospheric scattering from dust and cloud having a relatively large effect.

So once the value current value exceeds the threshold, then it also has to equal or exceed the percentage of theoretical before we declare 'sunshine'!

These values can be tuned to your location and sensor.
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »
BTW, I just uploaded 2.5.5 to GitHub to fix the errors reported in 2.5.4 here. I also added config options for changing the Wind Direction average pointer type and colour.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 09:06:06 AM »
Thanks Mark!

Looking great, working great.

Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 09:15:38 AM »
BTW, I just uploaded 2.5.5 to GitHub to fix the errors reported in 2.5.4 here. I also added config options for changing the Wind Direction average pointer type and colour.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this Mark and for adding the config options for the secondary needle on the Wind Direction Gauge. I am now running 2.5.5 and have made a slight tweak in the WeatherCat wiki entry to reflect updated line numbers to edit in gauges.js
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2015, 06:04:59 PM »
Mark,

now it's up to me to post a question:
What is the difference between the thin and thick pointers in the Windrose gauge? As example I compared yours (thick) to mine (thin), see attachment.

Thanks,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 06:16:28 PM »
It is purely a function of how many wind direction 'buckets' your software is providing. I have Cumulus configured to provide 16 directions (N, NNE, NE, ENE, E etc), it looks like you have 32 or more?
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2015, 06:24:11 PM »
Mark:

I too have another question. I made some minor changes in gauges-ss-basic.htm and FTP'd to my site. Unlike edits in the gauges.js, which are immediately visible after FTP, these changes did not appear. After triple checking and re-FTPing, they still did not show up. I waited overnight and they still were not visible. I then flushed to cache in my brower, which resulted in two things:
  • The changes in gauges-ss-basic.htm now properly display
  • The change I had made in gauges-ss.css to use a different background jpg was no longer in effect
I re-edited the gauges-ss.css file and after FTPing it to my site the SteelSeries gauges displayed properly.

Apple made a change to Safari in that you can no longer empty cache and history separately. You now have to fluke everything together. I used the option of flushing cache and history from today and yesterday.

I'm still not sure what the gauges-se-basic.htm did not display even though the edited code was clearly in the file.

Do you have any thoughts on what happened to me or what I should have done?

Thanks.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
It is purely a function of how many wind direction 'buckets' your software is providing. I have Cumulus configured to provide 16 directions (N, NNE, NE, ENE, E etc), it looks like you have 32 or more?

If you are talking about line 2147, I also have 16 spokes, but my gauge shows the thin lines like Reinhard's. Mine are even thinner. See attachments. Is it just the background of the gauge?

UPDATE: I see I am talking about something else. I was referring to the fixed lines and you are talking about the "wind pattern buckets" themselves.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2015, 06:36:01 PM »

THANKS for this one, after you explained the why I realized the how! WeatherCat provides two tags for the 'WindRoseData' read out from realtimegaugesWC.txt in your script: 'WINDROSE8$' (provides 8 directions every 45?) and 'WINDROSE45$' (provides 45 directions every 8?). So mine was set at the higher resolution, after setting to lower resolution the pointers are 'thick'.   :D

Thanks again for this hint,

Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2015, 06:45:44 PM »
THANKS for this one, after you explained the why I realized the how! WeatherCat provides two tags for the 'WindRoseData' read out from realtimegaugesWC.txt in your script: 'WINDROSE8$' (provides 8 directions every 45?) and 'WINDROSE45$' (provides 45 directions every 8?). So mine was set at the higher resolution, after setting to lower resolution the pointers are 'thick'.   :D

Nice catch Reinhard. The default for realtimegaugesWC.txt is 'WINDROSE45$. I also changed mine and I agree with you: 'WINDROSE8$' is better.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 08:09:56 PM »
No option for 16? That is the the de facto standard for wind roses as far as I can see. The Fine offset stations are spec'd to report 16, but in fact only really report 8 due to bad design.
Mark