Author Topic: Free utility to watch your iOS battery from your Mac.  (Read 1981 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Free utility to watch your iOS battery from your Mac.
« on: April 20, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
Dear WeatherCat gadget fans,

Some people are absolutely addicted to iOS devices. Other folks are happy to use iOS devices in some situations - but when at home there is no substitute for a Mac.  If you are like me, then your iPhone or iPad might find itself really low on battery power while sitting in a bag unattended.  I've wished for something that would communicate low battery conditions and finally there is a nifty utility: iBetterCharge:

http://softorino.com/ibettercharge/

It is a free utility that uses the "sync over WiFi" feature of iOS devices to keep track of the battery life of your "on the go" devices from your Mac.  It puts up a menu bar item and generates a notification when your iOS device goes under your preferred power level.

I've been using it a few days.  The only glitch I've seen is that I had to reboot my iPhone 4S because my Mac had "lost it."  That problem appears to have been on the Apple end of things.

It is a niche product, but if you have iOS devices that aren't constantly used, this could be a very useful tool for you.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]