Author Topic: Is there a list of webcams operated by WC users?  (Read 1920 times)

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
Is there a list of webcams operated by WC users?
« on: September 24, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »
Hi folks,
Just wonder if there is available a list of webcams operated by WC users? And maybe also webpages?
Regards, Irving

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Is there a list of webcams operated by WC users?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 04:07:22 PM »
I had a Poll trying to create such a list last year. I'll use the forums Search function and give you a link to that thread. Back in a minute...

Here you go: <Web cams in use (Poll)>

As for links... <DuckDuckGo> is your friend! [tup] You can set Safari (and any good browser) to use any search engine you want. Google is great, but it's also sucking up info on you every time you use it. [rolleyes2]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 04:42:50 PM »
Hi Xair,

My question was not clear. I am interested in the URLs, not the equipment, of the webcam images.

Irving

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 05:04:55 PM »
Don't know of just a list of people with web cams. That detail doesn't seem to be in the Members List since most forums run on software for general use, not specifically for weather fanatics! However, that list does identify members who have web sites. Not nearly as many as I would have thought, so just visiting those might be the easiest way of finding images/videos.

WU also displays web cams that it knows about.

Still, a search for "web cam" + "weather" might get you several thousand results! ;) How much time do you have?
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 05:21:41 PM »
No such list, but you can click on the Members tab in this forum and just go through the list, clicking on the Website icon (for those that have shared it) and it will take you to their website, where you can see if they have a webcam. You have already seen Reinhard's. A member that has multiple cameras is Steve (http://www.avon-weather.com).
Blick