Author Topic: Browser video support  (Read 1253 times)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Browser video support
« on: October 03, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »
<The Chromium Projects-NPAPI deprecation: developer guide>

I gave up on EcoCam since it couldn't include the weather data like WC can. However, I may have to look at that option again since Google vs Apple affects a major group of viewers that can't use/view QuickTime video.  <w3schools Browser Statistics> Wikipedia has a completely different set of numbers: <Usage share of web browsers> Still, this is more of a concern that I first thought, even Mac users use Chrome.  [rolleyes2]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

LesCimes

• Strong Breeze
    • CW9832
    • KGAGRACE1
    • Weather Underground
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 on a MacMini (2009) Mac OS 10.11.6
Re: Browser video support
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 01:15:58 AM »
I'm only uploading still images to WeatherUnderground. Also am using a D-Link free account that streams video from my D-Link camera live. I can view the streaming via their website or via the iPhone app. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to integrate this with WeatherCat for adding weather data.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Browser video support
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »
I've modified the question a bit. Added a request to report where/how the format is supplied;ie, the source of the uploaded video: native camera format, conversion software, etc.

I failed to mention my source. It comes from my Sharx 3590 IP camera as individual jpeg images every two minutes and is stitched into a .mov file by WC.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system