Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 3727 times)

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Holidays
« on: August 01, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »
Hello folks,
We will be on holiday from 10th August 2013 until 27th August 2013.

The forum and website will keep running but support and order processing may be delayed over this period, depending on if we can get an internet connection whilst we're camping.

Thanks in advance for your understanding,
Stu.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Have a great time Stu!! (Re: Holidays)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:17:09 AM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat fans,

We will be on holiday from 10th August 2013 until 27th August 2013.

Enjoy your well-deserved break!!  Us regulars will mind the store while you are exploring the wilderness!

The forum and website will keep running but support and order processing may be delayed over this period, depending on if we can get an internet connection whilst we're camping.

;) What!?!  Your caravan isn't equipped with satellite Internet and a WiFi hot-spot!?!?  Awe Shucks Stu, time to upgrade to the 21st century!!  [lol2]

Seriously hope your vacation is full of fun and only friendly surprises!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Holidays
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:54:49 AM »
Happy holidays, Stu!

[sun2]

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 04:14:05 PM »
Thank you - very much looking forward to it :)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
So how was it? (Re: Holidays)
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 09:43:26 PM »
Howdy Stu and Weather fan community,

;) . . . Awe shucks Stu, you head off into the wilderness for two weeks and you come back only to give us tech support!?!?!  [lol2]

When you have unpacked and put out the immediate fires, do tell how your vacation went!  Any interesting taste tests of this variety?  [beer]

Curious minds want to know!!  [bounce]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 11:22:58 PM »
Holidays were great thanks  [tup] We managed about 1800 miles taking in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Devon and Cornwall. The weather was great (unusually) the only problem was the back box on the Land Rover blowing apart up a particularly arduous and long incline which took us two days to get fixed in Skegness - I took advantage of the enforced non-mobility to get hold of a new camera which I've been promising myself for about 4 years :)

Obviously there was lots of nice cheese in Yorkshire (Wensleydale), plenty of Guinness was consumed along with some good steaks (especially in Yorkshire) and a new fondness for White Zinfandel was found, especially when it was discovered that irrespective of how much is drunk, there's very little hang over! We took in some caves, waterfalls, nice country houses and some great beaches, picked up some nice tans and are very much looking forward to doing it all again as soon as possible :)

Cheers,
Stu.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Glad you had a nice time! (Re: Holidays)
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
Hi Stu and WeatherCat vacation travelers,

Holidays were great thanks  [tup] We managed about 1800 miles taking in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Devon and Cornwall. The weather was great (unusually)

Well after all the work you do on WeatherCat, the weather gods really do owe you a break!!  ;D

the only problem was the back box on the Land Rover blowing apart up a particularly arduous and long incline which took us two days to get fixed in Skegness - I took advantage of the enforced non-mobility to get hold of a new camera which I've been promising myself for about 4 years :)

Sorry you had mechanical troubles while on the road.  Sounds like you were able to get things put back together without too much misery.  The camera is a nice bonus too!

Obviously there was lots of nice cheese in Yorkshire (Wensleydale), plenty of Guinness was consumed along with some good steaks (especially in Yorkshire) and a new fondness for White Zinfandel was found, especially when it was discovered that irrespective of how much is drunk, there's very little hang over!

Sounds like the expedition was a culinary success too!

We took in some caves, waterfalls, nice country houses and some great beaches, picked up some nice tans and are very much looking forward to doing it all again as soon as possible :)

Sounds like a well deserved vacation!!  Indeed hope that you get a break a little more frequently now that WeatherCat is a bit more mature!

Thanks for the "what did I do during my summer vacation" report!  [biggrin]